Monday Matters @ LDZ
- Goal 1: All students will exhibit Satisfactory or above performance on State assessments. Students below Satisfactory performance will demonstrate more than one year of academic growth;
- Goal 2: Dallas ISD schools will be the primary choice for families in the district;
- Goal 3: The achievement gap by race, ethnicity and social economic status will be no greater than 10 percentage points on all academic measures;
- Goal 4: 95% of students will graduate. Of the graduates, 90% have qualifying scores for community college, college, military, or industry certification;
- Goal 5: 95% of entering kindergarten students are school-ready on a multidimensional assessment;
- Goal 6: All students will participate in at least one extracurricular or co-curricular activity each year.
Instructional Focus: 1st six weeks assessments
As we begin week #5, common assessments will be administered to our students this week. All assessments will be completed by Friday, September 23, 2016 and secured in All In Learning. In addition, istation BOY for K-2 will be completed by Friday, September 23, 2016 in order to use for the feedback loop.
Tuesday PD: Data Dig
Date: Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Facilitator: Ms. Miramontes & Ms. Newhouse
Focus: Campus Learning Profile (STAAR 2016)
- Review TEA data and distinctions, next steps
- Review Learning Profiles (3rd -5th ) in Vertical PLC
- Identify celebrations % performance above the District, monitor (SE) performance within 10% of District, critical (SE) performance more than 10% below District, next steps
- Prepare for the 1st Six Week climate survey
Grade Level PLC
Time: planning period
Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Focus: Adjustments to Instructional Calendars
Facilitators: GC, Newhouse (Scoring Writing)
Scores are due by October 23, 2016. The writing prompt has already been communicated via email by Ms. Newhouse. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Newhouse. Ensure that the rubrics are utilized when scoring the writing samples.
Teachers make revisions to their grade level instructional calendars as a result of the data dig examining the campus learning profiles.
Guiding Coalition (GC) Meeting
Date: Thursday, September 22, 2016
Focus: Next Steps Data Dig
- What was essential to adjust/revise on your instructional calendars based on the critical SEs?
- How will you progress monitor to ensure fidelity?
BOY Teacher Conferences: TEI Scorecards here!
Teachers will begin to meet with me for goal setting conferences starting on Friday, September 23, 2016 through Friday, September 30, 2016. Each teacher will receive a their printed TEI scorecard and will bring their answers to the following questions:
1. What are your academic goals and how will you meet them? (reflect on achievement data 2015-2016)
2. How does this translate into your SLO for this school year?
3. How will you monitor your SLO?
4. Based on spot observations scores last year (if applicable), what do you feel that you need to improve upon to increase the quality of your instruction?
5. How does this fit into your PDP for this school year?
6. What would you like to see in staff development this year in order for you to be successful?
7. What 3 things happened last year in your classroom that you are most excited about?
8. What 3 things happened last year in your classroom that you are most disappointed about?
9. What is the most important expectation that you have of me as your principal?
10. Do you have any additional information that you would like to share with me?
All Phase 1 Goal-Planning Conferences due by Monday, October 3, 2016.
Go Get It Week: Higher Education Focus
Students will be participating in daily activities promoting higher education as a lifetime goal. College and university swag are represented throughout the building. Please review the daily activities that were communicated by Ms. Slack last week.
In addition, the Code of Conduct and the Acknowledgement Receipt Form will be sent home to each student. Forms will be in mailboxes by Tuesday (COD). Parents will need to sign and return the form back to the school. Forms can be placed in Ms. Slack's mailbox.
Important dates this week
- September 19, 2016- Miramontes @ Pinkston Community Meeting at El Centro College 4-5
- September 20, 2016-PD Tuesday & Celebrations for Gold Star Reading Distinction
- September 21, 2016- Lock Down Drill @ 2, Miramontes @ Gradespeed Training 8-11:30, Miramontes IEP (Inclusion Support) Meeting 1:30-2:30 w/ Mr. Sattar, AF Visit 12:30-4:30, Miramontes @ SSI Mtg. 1-4 Bell Building, Newhouse @ AVID Coordinator Meeting 4-5:15 Bell Building
- September 22, 2016- Ms. Garcia @ Pinkston Planning Meeting #2 10:30-11:30
- September 23, 2016- LDZ Spirit Day
- October 14, 2016- deadline for ESTAR/MSTAR due to leveling
Counselor Ms. Slack
Students receiving birthday recognition...song and birthday pencil!
Ms. Brenda-Cafeteria staff
Students receiving yummy samples from food services to encourage healthy eating.
Thank you staff for participating in our 16 de septiembre potluck on Friday to celebrate diversity. In addition, our students read Mexico's Independence Day.
Ms. Brenda-Cafeteria staff
Their is still time to complete!
- Link to Region Compliance Courses: http://olc.region10.org/catalog/Courses/Certification-Compliance/Compliance-Training-Courses