Norco Cougar Tracks
April 14, 2023
There is a PARKING FEE the night of the event. $18 per vehicle OR $30 per bus.
Norco Educational Support Team (NEST) mission is to provide support to students, teachers, and instructional programs through access to additional educational resources. CLICK HERE to donate and support our school community.
Annual Online Registration
Online Registration for the 2023-24 school year is OPEN. All families MUST complete for enrollment in CNUSD next year.
Options for completing online registration:
- Complete on a computer by visiting https://parentconnect.cnusd.k12.ca.us.
- Download the Q Parent Connection app and complete online registration from your mobile device! You will also be able to access your student's grades, attendance, and more through the app!
Need help? CLICK HERE
Summer School Update
Summer School Dates
- Regular Summer School: June 13 – July 11, 2023
- Virtual Classes (all online): June 13 - July 11, 2023
Summer School Completed Registration Deadline is Friday, April 14, 2023.
Step 1: Students Sign-Up!
Counselors add the courses for the students based on students' needs. See your counselor THIS WEEK if you need to be enrolled in a summer school course(s).
Step 2: Parent Confirmation
Parents must confirm registration through Parent Connect to save their child's seat in Summer School.
Follow the steps below to confirm/approve your child's Summer School enrollment:
- Go to https://parentconnect.cnusd.k12.ca.us
- Log in with your PIN & Password
- If you do not know your Parent Connect login information, please contact your student’s school site for assistance.
- Select the [Online Registration] button (upper right hand corner)
- Select [EDIT] next to your student’s name
- Go to the [Summer School - Registration] section
- Review the guidelines then sign & date the section. Select [Submit]
A confirmation email will be sent to your email on file at the end of the day upon completion.
Traffic and Parking
In an attempt at doing our part in mitigating the traffic congestion surrounding our school we wanted to share with you the following information.
The entire curb in front of the school located on Temescal Ave. has signs posted for 20 minute parking (during the hours of 6:30am – 3:30pm Monday - Friday) and/or NO PARKING - Student Loading Only (driver must remain in vehicle 7:00am – 4:00pm school days).
To avoid being issued a parking citation from the Riverside Sherriff’s office, students are strongly encouraged to park in the student parking lot. Parking in the lot is NOT free. Students may purchase parking stickers through our activities office during normal school hours.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
In an effort to do our part in mitigating the traffic congestion in the student drop off/pick up lanes before school and after school we would like to share the following information:
The yellow lines are curbs that are designated as loading/unloading only. As of today, this area is to be used for those purposes ONLY. Additionally, signs containing this information are posted.
Students, staff and faculty found in violation will be subject to the following:
- Warning notification and documentation of car make/model and license plate # (warning placed under windshield wiper)
- NHS parking violation sticker
- Ticket from Sherriff’s Department)
We thank you for your continued support and understanding in helping us improve.
Monday, April 17, 2023
Periods 1, 3, & 5
- Boys Golf @ Corona
- Boys Baseball @ MLK
- JV Softball HOME vs. Santiago
Tuesday, April 18, 2023
BLOCK Schedule - CASSPP Testing (Juniors)
Periods 2, 4, & 6
- Boys Tennis HOME vs. MLK
- Swim @ Roosevelt
- Softball HOME vs. Centennial
- Baseball HOME vs. MLK
- Boys Volleyball @ Roosevelt
- Boys Lacrosse HOME vs. Centennial
- Girls Lacrosse @ Centennial
- Girls Beach Volleyball @ Aquinas
Wednesday, April 19, 2023
LATE START: School starts at 9:50am
- Boys Golf HOME vs. Centennial
- Track & Field HOME vs. Roosevelt
- Competitive Cheer @ MLK
- Boys Volleyball HOME vs. MLK
- FROSH Baseball @ MLK
Thursday, April 20, 2023
Periods 1, 3, & 5
3:45pm-4:45pm School Site Council Meeting in the Career Center
- Baseball @ MLK
- Boys Tennis @ Roosevelt
- Softball HOME vs. MLK
- Boys Lacrosse HOME vs. MLK
- Girls Lacrosse @ MLK
Friday, April 21, 2023
Periods 2, 4, & 6
- Competitive Cheer HOME vs. MLK
Saturday, April 22, 2023
- Softball @ La Mirada
- FROSH Baseball HOME vs. MLK
NO RELEASE AFTER 3:00PM
Cut off time for checking out a student early is 3:00 pm
(30 minutes prior to the bell at the end of the day) - no exceptions.
**WE DO NOT ACCEPT OVER THE PHONE OR EMAIL REQUESTS TO ALLOW YOUR STUDENT TO BE RELEASED EARLY**
- To check out your student out of school early - a parent/guardian or the individual(s) listed on the students' emergency contacts are the ONLY allowed persons that may sign out the student in the attendance office. Individual MUST be present and have a photo ID Card or passport for verification as student safety is our utmost concern.
SENIORS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE FAFSA
Student Leadership Opportunities for 23-24 School Year
- Link Crew
Applications are out now. Apply by April 28th. CLICK HERE to apply.
Class of 2024 SBAC Grade Bumps
Dual Enrollment - Norco College
Dance Team Showcase
Free to ASB students.
PARKING LOT OFF LIMITS at Lunch
Student ID Cards
ALL Norco High School students MUST have their physical ID on them at all times while on campus. If students cannot produce their current 22-23 Norco High School student ID card when asked, the following will occur:
- Sent immediately to Attendance Office
- Verify they are a current student
- Receive a NEW ID card
- $10 obligation will be placed on their Norco student account.
Thank you for helping us keep Norco High School a safe and positive learning environment for all.
Front Office Drop Offs
In order to ensure school safety, drop offs in the front office are limited to ACADEMIC related drop offs. This means that ONLY homework or projects may be left in the office with the receptionist. Students will not be called out of class to collect drop off items. Items that are NOT allowed to be dropped off are:
- Sealed Bags
- Medication (contact health clerk if this is a need)
- Cell Phones
Thank you in advance for keeping our front office a place of business.
No Food Delivery Services Accepted
Norco High School does NOT allow students to receive ANY Food Delivery at any time during the school day (including but not limited to; Uber Eats, Doordash, Grub Hub, etc.) Students are NOT allowed to order food and have it delivered to our campus. Deliveries will be turned away.
If you are the parent/guardian of a Norco student, you are still welcomed to drop food off for lunch to your student(s). Here is your process:
- Check in to the Attendance Office with your California State ID.
- Attendance clerks will verify you in our student information system.
- You will need to notify your student to pick up the delivery. Students will not be allowed to leave class to retrieve items. They will need to come during lunch.
- Parent/guardian will need to wait in attendance office until students retrieves delivery.
FREE MEALS FOR THE 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR
All CNUSD students will receive free meals regardless of their eligibility for the 2022-23 school year.
Please note: Parents are still encouraged to fill out the free or reduced meals application as you may qualify for additional services, such as waived SAT/PSAT fees, CalWORKS, and more. Click here to learn more about the free or reduced meal program.
We encourage ALL of our families to complete a meal application. You never know what your student may qualify for.
CNUSD Parent-Student Handbook
The State of California requires that all school districts provide parents and guardians with certain notices from the California Code of Regulations, the California Education Code and other laws and regulations relative to the operation of our local public school system. Throughout the year you will receive additional important information from your child’s school. Questions concerning the content of the Parent-Student Handbook should be directed to the principal of the student’s school of attendance or contact the Department of Student Services at (951) 736- 5111. We encourage you to visit your child’s school and to communicate frequently with the teachers and other staff members.
April Activities Calendar
Powder Puff Football Game
Zen Den Activities
THIS WEEK IN THE ZEND DEN (Room B27).
*ALL staff & students are welcome to join! 🙂
**The Zen Den activity starts approximately 10 minutes into lunch.
Tuesday = Guided Meditation with Mrs. Dani.
Wednesday = Confidence with Mrs. Weinkauf.
Sports Physicals - May 24
CLICK HERE for Athletic Physical Form.
CLICK HERE Thank you for your support and partnership in our commitment for safe schools.
Athletic Clearance Packets are ONLINE
- All athletes must complete and submit a new Athletic Clearance Packet every school year in order to be cleared to participate in any sport.
- Yearly athletic clearance packets are required for all athletes (new and returning).
- Packets must be submitted before students can participate in tryouts, practice, or summer workouts.
For more information about Athletics at Norco High School CLICK HERE to be directed to our athletic webpage.
If you are in need of sport patches, please be sure to order by deadline Thursday March 23rd 2023.
Come with payment and see Mrs. Sowers in the Athletic Office.
For pricing see our school website. Payments accepted are cash, check or money order.
Please be sure you know what patch you need.
Sportsmanship is the foundation for interscholastic sports and activities. In this course, you will learn the definition of sportsmanship and highlights of what good sportsmanship looks and sounds like. FREE COURSE - CLICK HERE
Norco College Information Nights
April 13-28, 2023
Wednesday, May 31, 2023
You can now join NHS PTSA easily on the TOTEM online e-membership system. CLICK HERE