Crew's News- Mrs. Copeland's Class
May 1, 2015
- Monday, May 25 is a snow make up day; we will have school that day. I know a few of you have already sent me an email letting me know your child will not be in school that day. If you know your child will not be at school, please let me know so I can plan our day accordingly.
- A 58mm polarizer lens was found at school on Fun Run day. It's in the office.
- Please remember to check the lost & found. It is spilling over. Anything not claimed will be donated to Goodwill.
- Thursday, May 7, and Friday, May 8, are SC PASS testing days. Visitors will not be permitted to eat lunch with students on those days.
- Tuesday, May 5 - Bond Referendum Vote
What are we up to?
Reading: We will work on forming compound sentences with conjunctions (and, but, or, for, so, nor, yet) and learning to choose the correct meaning of a word when looking at homophones and homographs.
2nd Grade Language Arts - Homophones (DD.1, DD.2, DD.3)
Math: Measurement Unit
We will work on estimating measurements and comparing measurements.
IXL - https://www.ixl.com/signin/indiahook
- Struggling: 1st Grade Math - Measurement (N.2, N.4, N.11)
- On Grade Level: 2nd Grade Math - Measurement (S.2, S.8, S.15)
Science: Animal Unit
We will learn about the different classifications of animals, the habitats they live in, and what adaptations they need to live and survive in those habitats.
- May 1 - Zoo Field Trip Money Due ($16)
- May 5 - Bond Referendum Vote
- May 14 - Zoo Field Trip (Please contact me if you would like to chaperone!)
- May 14 - Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night
- May 16 - IHES Relay for Life Walk (see event below)
- May 20 - McAlister's Spirit Night
- May 21 - Evening of the Arts (5:30-7:30pm) - See event details below
- May 25 - Snow Make Up Day
- May 26 - Fun Run Luau Party & Shomars Spirit Night
Bad Weather make up days are printed on the 2014-2015 District Calendar
The days set for make up are: Jan. 16, April 6, May 25
Don't forget to save those BOX TOPS Box Top Flyer
School Board Meetings
Rock Hill Schools will begin streaming school board business meetings through a link on the district's website. The link can now be found under Board of Trustees under "District Information" and in "Quick Links" on the front page of our district website.
The district will monitor the site for several months to determine how many people are watching to determine if this is something that should be continued. The district will also continue to tape business meetings of the board for airing on the Education Access Channel, Cable 114.
Business meetings of the school board (those that will be streamed) are on the fourth Monday of each month, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
Challenger deadlines and rate increases for 2015-2016 are as follows:
Registration deadline to begin Challenger on August 18th, August 24th or August 31st is August 3, 2015. Registration packets for 2015-2016 are available in elementary schools, online, and at the Rock Hill District Office.
2015-2016 Challenger Rates are based on a student's lunch status.
· Full Rate - $57 per week
· Multi Rate - $52 per week per child
· Reduced Rate - $39 per week
· Free Rate - $32 per week
· District Employee Rate - $32 per week
If you have any students currently enrolled and wish to continue in the upcoming year, you need to sign a continuance form. If you wish to withdraw, you will also need to sign a form indicating this preference. All forms will be available in the Challenger office. We do not hold Challenger spots without signed continuance forms.
Cub Scout Book Drive
The Cub Scouts are sponsoring a book drive to refill the free libraries in the neighborhood. If you have any books that you would like to donate, please send them in and have students place them in the bins in the atrium.
Color Me Fit PE 5k
Saturday, May 16th, 9am
801 Neely Rd
Rock Hill, SC
Teachers, parents and students please mark your calendar. We need a few volunteers to run our station with the color wands. Hope to see you there! Let's join in the fun to help keep our kids be active. All ages are invited to sign up to run!
Relay For Life of York County East
Saturday, May 16th, 11am
2382 State Route 710
Rock Hill, SC
Evening of the Arts!
Thursday, May 21st, 5:30-7:30pm
2068 Yukon Dr
Rock Hill, SC
Call to all parents and friends of India Hook Elementary:
If you or someone you know has any art, design, craft work, etc. (the possibilities are endless!) we would love to have it displayed at our Evening of the Arts! This is a special part of our event as we show students that many types of art are created right here in our community. If you or someone you know is interested or would like more information please contact Mrs. Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns! Have a wonderful weekend!!!