News from Mrs. Chapman's 3rd Grade Class
- Wow!! What a wonderful first few days of school!!! I have really enjoyed getting to know your child and am excited for all the wonderful things we will accomplish this year!
- Please remember to send in all important papers. I would like to collect all paperwork this week.
- Late bell rings at 7:45. This is when we will begin instruction. Please make sure to have your child here before this time.
What kind of teacher do you want?
Please excuse the poor handwriting. We were on a roll!
We had to take at least 1 silly picture! :)
What makes a good student?
Let's make this happen!!
What we are learning!
We are still busy learning all of the routines and procedures needed for a smooth year! Your children will be getting iPads this week, so it is important for us to go over rules and procedures with those as well.
This week we will be reviewing place value concepts such as the value of numbers, the different ways to write numbers, and comparing numbers. Please study addition and subtraction facts at home each night!
We will begin working on map skills as our first learning objective in Social Studies. Please take any opportunity you have to reinforce the skills we are learning at school.
- September 1st- Labor Day...NO SCHOOL
- September 24th- School picture day!!