Firebird Thankful Edition
November 18, 2022
All of the things we are thankful for a Gavilan Peak...
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
A HUGE shout-out!
If you missed this event please look for another event in the Spring.
In preparation for our magical night for families on the Gavilan Peak campus, we need your assistance to get the school ready for this fun night.If you’re able, we could use your assistance on the day of the event: Sign up here! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4EABA92DA2FBC43-gpluminaria (Image Attached)
We are looking to fill the VP position on our PTO board. Responsibilities are:
· Monthly PTO meeting via zoom 1 hour
· Monthly PTO board meeting via zoom or in person 1 hour
· Treat cart/teachers lounge stocking
· Participation and planning for our events:
December Luminaria (day before 2 hours prep and day of 4 hours)
February movie night (day of 4 hours)
April family fun night (day of 4 hours possibly 2 hours prep)
May staff appreciation luncheon (2-4 hours)
We also try to roll with the punches as things are needed. It's great to get on campus time with the kids and teachers. We are very flexible and maybe a little crazy.
Learn more about PTO, ways to get involved and upcoming events on our website: https://gavilanpeakpto.org/
Please stay healthy...
There's no place like home for the Holidays! ...unless you are stuck at home sick that is
It's been all over the news, pediatric beds in hospitals across the nation are full with RSV, Bronchiolitis, Pneumonia, and Influenza. And its not just infants or small children who are filling those beds. Did you know anyone, at any age, can get RSV? These viruses and infections are definitely making their rounds in Arizona and on our GP campus. Here are some tips to help you and your family stay well so you wont miss out on the holiday fun...
- Be sure everyone is getting enough sleep. Its easy to wear ourselves thin with our 'to do' lists when we feel the hustle and bustle of the upcoming holidays.
- Make sure everyone is getting good nutrition and hydration. The holidays offer lots of treats and holiday parties, but its important to eat a healthy and balanced diet and drink plenty of fluids when you are not celebrating.
- Stay home when you are sick. I know it's hard to stay home during this busy time, but going to work/school or running errands when you are ill only prolongs the time that you feel unwell, delays your recovery, and in the meantime spreads illness to others.
- Cover your mouth and nose, or consider wearing a mask, around others when you are coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands often and avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. The CDC estimates that 1 million lives could be saved every year, if people would regularly and properly wash their hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces frequently. Many viruses can survive on surfaces for hours, infecting everyone that happens by. One single bacteria can multiply into over 8 million bacteria in a single day.
- Avoid close contact. If you are ill, keep your distance from those who are not. If you're trying to stay well, give yourself some extra space when you are out in public (you never know who is coming down with something).
- Manage your stress... take some down time to watch a holiday movie with the family. On a busy day order takeout. Schedule time for a walk or to relax in a bath or hot tub. Make time for you and your family to relax!
Have a Happy and Healthy Holiday Season Firebird Families!!!!
Amber Petculescu RN, CPN, MAT
Gavilan Peak School Nurse
- Student First and Last Name (spelling the last name)
- Student Grade Level
- Teacher Name
- Reason for Absence
Attendance Line Phone Number: 623-445-7490
Follow us on Social Media
Follow us on You Tube
Check out our Website