UES April 2023
Here's what's happening in April at the UES...
Upcoming Events at the UES:
- April 5 - UES Marking Period 3 Ends
- April 7-14 - Spring Break - Schools Closed
- April 17 - School re-opens
- April 17, 18, 19 - Grade 6 Field Trips
- April 19 - UES Report Cards in Genesis after 3:00 PM
- April 25 - BOE Meeting 7:00 PM
- May 2, 3, 4 - Grade 5 Field Trips
- May 8-11 - NJSLA Testing Math & ELA
- May 15 & 16 - NJSLA Testing Grade 5 Science
- May 12 - Early Dismissal for Students
- May 18 - Grade 4 Concert 7:00 PM
- May 23 - Grade 5 Concert 7:00 PM
- May 24 - Grade 6 Concert 7:00 PM
- May 26-30 - Schools Closed for Memorial Day Weekend
- May 31, June 1 & 2 - Grade 4 Field Trips
- June 5 & 6 - UES MAP Testing
- June 7 - Grade 4 & 5 Field Day
UES Spring 2023 Testing Dates
- NJSLA Math & ELA (Grades 4,5 & 6) - May 8-11
- NJSLA Science (Grade 5 Only) - May 15 & 16
The UES will administer the Measure of Academic Progress (MAP) test as follows:
- MAP Math & ELA (Grades 4, 5 & 6) - June 5 (Math) and June 6 (ELA)
2023 UES Concert Series!
We are excited for our 2023 UES Concert Series! Our students and staff have been working extremely hard to put on an Undeniably Excellent Show! Concerts are as follows:
4th Grade Concert: Thursday, May 18th, 7:00pm
4th Grade Orchestra & 4th Grade Choruses
5th Grade Concert: Tuesday, May 23rd, 7:00pm
5th Grade Band, 5th Grade Choruses, 5th Grade Orchestra
6th Grade Concert: Wednesday, May 24th, 7:00pm
6th Grade Band, 6th Grade Choruses, 6th Grade Orchestra
Concert Dress (for students performing):
Traditionally, musicians wear a white top and black bottoms (pants, skirt or dress per the student’s preference.) Students can also choose to wear any combination of black and white attire. No jeans or sneakers, please.
Our Character Strong Focus for April is HONESTY!
This month we’re talking about Honesty! The dictionary defines it as: “fairness and straightforwardness of conduct; adherence to the facts.” The definition we are using is:
Honesty: living truthfully in your words and actions and thoughts!
Honesty is more than just truth-telling! It is about living a life that is thoughtful and clear about what we believe is good and just. It’s about making sure that what we think is kind and worthwhile lines up with what we say and what we do. This month we will connect how Honesty and Kindness are closely related traits.
Order Your UES Yearbook Now! Deadline to Order is April 17!
UES Yearbooks are on sale now! Deadline to order is April 17!
Click on the link below to order a UES 2022-2023 Yearbook!
Use Code: 4390323
- PM Car Line Reminder - If your car is parked, please exit your vehicle and meet your child at the crosswalk. This will help keep all students and parents safe at dismissal.
- Have your child check the Lost & Found! Lots of items want to be found! Is your child missing eye glasses? Contact the nurses office for missing eye glasses.
- Please remind your child that the school-issued Chromebook is for school assignments only. Students should utilize their school Chromebook for teacher-directed activities only.
- Remember that the UES school day starts at 8:00 AM! Morning homeroom is an important part of your child's school day. Thank you for getting your child here on time!
- UES students are not permitted to use cell phones during school hours, at school events, or on school buses. If you allow your child to bring his/her cell phone to school, it must be powered down and placed in your child’s backpack and in his/her cubby for the school day. This rule also applies to all Smart Watches.
- Students are permitted to carry a water bottle during the school day. Please help us ensure that your child's water bottle is spill-proof and used for water only. Beverages other than water are not permitted during the school day (with the exception of lunch).