RHS Counseling Center News
January 2023 (Volume 1, Issue 5)
Counseling Center Highlights
- Mental Health Moment
- Did you know?
- College & Career Opportunities
- Community Service Opportunities
Did you know?
- 1st SEMESTER ENDS ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 27th!
- RAINIER EDUCATION FOUNDATION provides volunteer opportunities and scholarships, but they can't do it without you!! Please check out their website and add March 25th to your calendar for this year's auction!
- SCHOLARSHIP DUE DATES ARE FAST APPROACHING! Please check out our website for the latest information on scholarships.
- SOPHOMORES & JUNIORS!! Are you interested in Running Start or New Market Skill Center? Please complete this form to sign-up for information sessions and field trips in the Spring.
- JUNIORS!! The Horatio Alger Scholarship is just for you! Up to $25,000 and due March 15th! https://scholars.horatioalger.org/about-our-scholarship-programs/
- SENIORS!! What are your post-high school plans? If you are still undecided, book an appointment with Ms. Memmott today! Appointments can be scheduled here: https://calendly.com/memmottlauren/15min
- ALL STUDENTS need to complete 25 service hours each year and it is required during their Senior year. There are a few ways to track hours: 1.You can submit them directly to the Google Form: https://forms.gle/7Arp9g7SrNuvqfJe7 2. You can save this Google Doc to your drive and keep a digital copy (great way to save your information for future job/college/scholarship applications): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CXswfyPPmq-6oYy1xJZ5rEw5aOSotGp62lL38JlIBE4/copy 3. You can print out the PDF and hang it on your fridge at home and keep a paper copy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HeKw63Dafx0WdqMMrU0GRluV5gLsL7H2/view?usp=sharing **All hours must be submitted through the Google Form by the end of each school year in order to receive high school credit.
- SPRING SAT, TUESDAY, APRIL 25TH Open to all Juniors and Seniors and offered in school. Fee waivers available for students who qualify for free/reduced lunch or are in the TRIO program.
College & Career Opportunities
- Interested in Construction Trades? New Market is hosting a "Try a Trade" open house on May 4th. Let's get a group together to check it out! Sign-up in the counseling center.
- College Admissions 101 hosted online by PLU
- Please pick up and fill out the Letter of Recommendation Student Involvement Sheet from the Counseling Center or fill out and share the digital form and turn in at least 1 week before your letters are due.
- Schedule a meeting to meet with Ms. Memmott about future plans...college, trade school, New Market, Running Start, etc. I would love to help you!
- Financial Aid for College: 2023-2024 FASFA and WAFSA opened on October 1st. Be sure to complete your application before the deadline for the programs you are planning to apply for.
- Tips for Parents for College applications, financial aid, etc. HERE
Current Service Opportunities
- Rainier Education Foundation We need your help! Volunteers are the life-blood of our organization and we are always in need of many hands to accomplish our goals. We have lots of jobs, big & small, throughout the year. email@example.com
- We Love Rainier is a group of Rainier citizens and business owners who are collaborating to brighten the future of Rainier and contribute to the development and growth of a vibrant community. They host activities throughout the year and always need volunteers!
- Rainier Community Garden Is located here at Rainier High School and there are volunteer opportunities to help make this garden create a big impact on lives throughout the county. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teens in Thurston (TnT) is a volunteer program at the Thurston Conservation District for local high school students. This group meets approximately once a month to participate in a variety of conservation and sustainability activities, learn from Conservation District staff and partners, and build community between students from a variety of backgrounds. email@example.com
- Rainier Lion's Club
- Rotary Club of Yelm
- Rainier Eagles