Viper Monthly -May Edition
@VAILSCHOOL #VIPERUP @VAILEVIPERS
CONNECT WITH US!
As we enter into the final days of the 2020-21 school year, we are planning for some fun activities to end the year. First off, we get to celebrate our teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week which is May 3rd-7th. The Boston Run (virtual for spectators) is being held at Crestdale on May 13th (Rain Date: May 14th). We have Field Day planned Prek-1st grades May 24th, 2nd-4th May 25th, and our final Positive Behavior Party the week of May 24th. More information will be coming home about our virtual end of year celebrations. Here are some important upcoming dates:
- The ILEARN window for 3rd and 4th grade students is April 19 - May 14th. Please check out this resource from the Indiana Department of Education about ILEARN.
- Students in grades K-4 will take NWEA May 3 - May 26.
- The last day of school for students is May 27th.
- Report cards for the second semester will be mailed home at the beginning of June.
- Check out the 21-22 school calendar.
- All students can continue to receive an evening "supper" meal to take home. Please let your child's teacher know if you want your child to participate. The menus can be found here!
- School Yearbooks will arrive at the end of the year. We will contact you when they are here.
- Summer School Applications Dues May 7th.
We have navigated this year with patience and grace. Our students have persevered and maintained positive attitudes throughout everything and I couldn't be prouder. I wish each of you well as you begin your summer and welcome in the 2021-2022 school year with renewed energy.
Please let me know how I can continue to serve you in the days and weeks to come.
Have a great month!
Here is the link to Clever. This link will allow your child to have access to programs such as Dreambox and Lexia. They are programs that your child can practice reading and math skills. They should know their username and password, but you can message your teacher on Class Dojo for this information.
Class Dojo is our main communication tool with families. Please make sure you sign up for class dojo. Contact your child's teacher for more information.
Both in-person and virtual students can access their homeroom canvas page at anytime. You will often find newsletters, schedules, and videos here! You can log into Canvas on our RCS homepage.
May's Habit: Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood
Resources Through Reid Health Below
EARLY DISMISSAL FOR SECOND SEMESTER APPROVED
K-4 will dismiss at 1:40
Preschool will NOT have early release and will dismiss at 11:00 am for the morning class and 2:30 pm for the afternoon class.
Mask Up 101- Information on the proper way to put on, remove, and wash a mask.
COVID-19: When a student, faculty or staff member can return to school.- This chart details all possible scenarios for when quarantine is necessary. **Updated**