A CAMPAIGN FOR US
OUR MAIN GOAL: 100% PARTICIPATION
Our community has already raised over $800,000! This is quite a feat. However, our Victory Goal is $2.2 million. To reach this goal, we need 100% participation (meaning each family makes a pledge) from all SMMS families.
OUR CAMPAIGN VIDEO
SMM Campaign 4
BECAUSE SMMS IS SPECIAL
In case you didn't know!
- We have been recognized for our excellence by the City of San Antonio, the Texas Catholic Conference, San Antonio Magazine, America Magazine, Boston College, the University of the Incarnate Word, and other groups.
- We are the only Dual Language Catholic school in San Antonio.
- In the past few years, our graduates have earned over a million dollars in scholarships to Catholic high schools.
And, of course: we have the best families in San Antonio.
BECAUSE SMMS CAN ALWAYS GET BETTER
I'm sure your knew this, too! Our facilities are less than state of the art, and we would all benefit from more space. Therefore, this campaign for a new building and enhancement of our facilities will meet this major need.
BECAUSE IT'S BEEN AWHILE
The last time our school built a permanent structure, Harry S. Truman was President and there was no I10, just a field. Those school families had very little, and contributed so much through sacrifice. Most importantly, each family gave what they could to make it happen.
They made their mark; now it's time, after seven decades, to make our mark, Mavericks.
BECAUSE YOU CAN
I know that each of you already sacrifices to send your kids to SMMS. You might not have the nicest car, go to the fanciest restaurant, have the best TV package, or take the luxurious cruise, but you know that you are investing in your child's future. Similarly, a pledge for the United in Spirit and Mission Campaign is a sacrificial investment in your child's future. Over the course of three years, with some planning and strategizing, each of our families can commit to a certain monetary donation.
I humbly ask you to make the pledge!
Here's The Pledge Form
Thermometers In The Main Hallway Will Show Participation.
Our staff are witnesses, and we hold each other accountable to lead through action. Therefore, our staff has the same goal as the whole school: 100% participation.
Each classroom that reaches 100% participation will earn the following:
- A class party at Peter Piper's in April or May
- An ultimate homework pass for each student (this excuses a child from doing the homework on a particular night, but is not to be used for tests, quizzes, projects, or other major assessments)
- 5 spring service hours for each family (this does not double, so a family with children in 4th and 2nd grade that pledges still gets the max of 5 hours, not 10)