PE, Music, Library, Computer
Next Up: Get Moving (= Lifting the Spirits)
30 Minutes Per Day: Your Choice!
Dear Parents/Guardians & Students,
Please enjoy these PE activities for the next two weeks. You are welcome to do one activity Monday - Friday or even all five activities each day of the week! The whole point is to get your bodies moving and have some fun while we’re all sheltering in place. You can also just go outside and get some fresh air. Whether it is playing in your yard, basketball, catch, or walking your pet just get up and move.
Feel free to reach out to me at any point, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe and healthy!
Week 1 (April 20 – 24)
- Catch and throw a ball or small stuffed animal of any kind with a partner or by yourself
- How many times in a row without dropping it?
- Count by 2s or 4s
- Single leg balance challenge
- Find a friend/sibling/adult to challenge
- Who can stand on one foot the longest? (the foot off the ground must be in the air and cannot rest on anything else)
- No hands!
- Jump Rope
- How many jumps in a row?
- How many rounds can you do in 15 minutes?
- 15 squats
- 15 jumping jacks
- Make up a dance to your favorite song (or a small part of a song)
- Make a video of your dance, and email it to me (video is 100% optional)
Week 2 (April 27 – May 1)
- How long can you move around while balancing something on your head?
- No hands!
- How many times can you go up and down a set of stairs in 15 minutes?
- Is your heart beating faster now?
- Count by 2s
- Squat Hockey
- You and a partner get across from each other in squat position and stay down
- Roll a ball or slide a bean bag, stuffed animal or small pillow on the ground to get through your partner’s legs
- Earn one point for each time you roll/slide the item through your partner’s legs
- Remember to guard and defend with your hands when your partner tries to roll/slide the item through your legs
- Sidewalk Chalk Hopscotch
- Stand in front of square 1 and toss a rock on to a square
- Jump to the square the rock landed on
- Hop on one foot to boxes 1, 2, 3, 6 and 9
- Jump on two feet where two boxes are next to each other (4 and 5, 7 and 8, and 10)
- Learn the Git Up or a new dance on GoNoodle
Week 3 (May 4 - 8)
- Go for a 15 minute walk with someone in your family
- Toss a soft item in the air, clap your hands together, catch the item before it hits the floor
- Once you get the hang of this, try 2 claps then 3 then four and so on
- Plank Hockey
- You and a partner get across from each other in plank position and stay down
- Roll a ball or slide a bean bag, stuffed animal or small pillow on the ground to get through your partner’s arms
- Earn one point for each time you roll/slide the item through your partner’s arms
- Remember to guard and defend with your hands when your partner tries to roll/slide the item through your arms
- Squat Contest
- You and a partner stand across from each other
- Begin doing squats together at the same pace with correct form
- Begin standing with your feet shoulder width apart
- Heels stay on the ground
- Sit in your invisible chair (keep knees apart from each other)
- Stand up tall
- The partner who continues doing squats when the other partner has stopped, wins the the contest
- Dribble (soccer style, with your feet) a ball of any kind around 2 - 3 trees
- How many times can you go all the way around the trees while maintaining control of the ball?
- How fast can you go around the trees while still maintaining control of the ball?
- Remember to dribble with the inside of your feet, not the toes
Week 4 (May 11 - 15)
Single Leg Hop Contest
Find a friend/sibling/adult to challenge
Who can hop on one foot the longest? (the foot off the ground must be in the air and cannot rest on anything else)
No hands and no switching feet during the contest
Find a bucket, basket or hula hoop and set it on the ground as your target
Take five steps away from the target
Toss an item (ball, bean bag, small stuffed animal, etc.) into your target
Once you make the toss five times in a row, take one step back
If you miss the target, take one step forward
How far away from the target can you get and still toss it in the target?
How many jumps in a row?
Basketball Dribble Challenge
How many in a row?
Try sitting while you dribble
Try hopping while you dribble
Try single leg balance while you dribble
What other challenges can you think of?
Create your own game using the following items:
Ball, small pillow or small stuffed animal
Basket or bucket
Ruler or stick
Write down the rules of your game.
Can you create more than one game using those items?
Introducing....Camp Wonderopolis! You will learn so many things this week about Instruments!
- Click on the following link and set up an account(it's free!)
- Click on 'tracks'' and select 'Sound Check'
- Watch all of the videos and lessons under this Track
- Code.org (clever)
- Typing (clever)
- *Read a Book
For students without internet access
- Please do the activities above with the *star* next to them.