Air Quality in the Home Project.
Blueair HEPASilent Air Purifier.
- ENERGY STAR qualified.
- AHAM Certified.
- Removes impurities from the air - Certified efficiency 99.97% for particles such as dust, pollen, bacteria, virus, pet dander, mold spores and other airborne particles.
- HEPASilent technology - Traps particles with mechanical and electrostatic filters, creating an open airflow system that remains near silent while cleaning.
- 3-stage progressive filter-Our unique filter design resists clogging and allows filtration at peak performance with high efficiency and longer lasting airflow.
- Auto mode automatically adjusts the operating-speed according to the amount of airborne particles and gaseous compounds.
- On/Off timer.
- Replace filter indicator light-Alerts you when the filter needs to be replaced every 6 months.
- Electronic gas sensor - Detects cooking odors and gaseous contaminants, including smoke, exhaust fumes and more.
- Electronic particle sensor - Determines whether the amount of airborne particles is above or below the acceptable limit.
- Protective steel housing made of galvanized steel for a strong, durable design.
- SurroundAir vent system-Delivers up to 500 CFM air exchange without drafts.
- The Blueair 650E is “Best in Test” as determined by ETL’s testing for Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR). It has been certified by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) with the highest CADR rating possible in test. The Blueair 650E is ideal for a large living area such as family room, master bedroom suite, any large living area. The e-series continuously monitors and purifies your air using integrated electronic sensors and automatic fan control. The Blueair 650E Air Purifier takes in polluted air through the sides of the unit. A fan draws polluted air into the unit. Air passes through an ion chamber where airborne particles are electrically charged with negative ions. Charged particles are drawn to the HEPASilent filter surface. The polluted air becomes Purified air, which is virtually contaminant-free and is re-circulated into the room from the top and sides of the unit.
- Able to fit into family rooms.
- Looks sleek.
- Efficiently purifies the air.
- 5/5 Stars: You can't tell it's running. Noticeable reduction of dust in house. Leaves room very clean.
- 4/5 Stars: After purchasing a BlueAir 450E to deal with smoke smell from a neighboring apartment in my bedroom, I decided to purchase this model for my living/dining/kitchen area. I'm quite satisfied with it. The SmokeStop filter really does deal with the odor. Like the 450E, it's noisy on its highest setting, but I rarely need to run it at that level for long. I like the fact that it has wheels, which makes it easy to move when vacuuming around it. The control panel's location makes it difficult to read without getting down on my hands and knees, but the remote at least obviates that difficulty when I need to change settings. I'm satisfied with this product and would recommend it.
Honeywell HEPA 310 sq. ft. Allergen Remover.
- Helps reduce VOCs and certain airborne germs from the air that passes through the filter 0.3 microns or larger based on independent testing rpt 100954017COL-001 when used with odor reducing pre-filter
- Carbon activated pre-filter helps capture larger particles before they enter the HEPA filter and helps reduce odors when used with odor reducing pre-filter
- Easy tap controls
- 4 cleaning levels, including allergen, germ and turbo power cleaning levels
- Automatic shut-off timer, 2, 4 or 8 hours
- Control panel light dimmer
- The True HEPA Allergen Remover is sleek, energy efficient and effective. Its True HEPA filter helps to capture 99.9% of airborne allergens such as mold spores, smoke, dust pollen and bacteria. It features an automatic shut-off timer and 4 cleaning levels.
- Energy efficient.
- Removes allergens.
- Great for large rooms.
- No pre-filters.
- Carbon powder left over.
- 5/5 Stars: The allergen remover is easy to operate and clean up is a breeze.
- 1/5 Stars: The box says it removes up to 99.97% of microscopic allergens, but I'm sitting here watching dust or something shooting out the top. There must be a design flaw, because there are 3 (about $30 worth) filters in it, but stuff is still getting through. I can only guess that there are openings around the filters that allow particulate through. I think someone had purchased and returned this one previously because when I got it home it looked like fuzz on the filter. I should have returned it then, I am absolutely not satisfied with it.
Winix Washable True-HEPA Air Cleaner with PlasmaWave Technology.
- 3 stage filtration
- Odor control carbon pre-filter - Especially formulated to capture offensive smoke, cooking and other household odors, the disposable carbon sheet also works as a pre-filter to capture large particles like hair, carpet fibers and dust adding life to your filter
- Long-life washable True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants and allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- PlasmaWave technology breaks apart pollutants at a molecular level without producing harmful ozone
- Air quality sensor provides set-and-forget operation
- CADR room size rating 350 sq. ft.
- Energy Star Qualified
- Sleep mode
- Auto mode
- 4 fan speeds
- Change filter alert
- Suitable for a family room or large bedroom (350 sq. ft. CADR); the Winix WAC5500 True HEPA Air Cleaner with PlasmaWave Technology combines the best filtering and technologies to deliver clean fresh air. A special long-life washable True HEPA filtration, odor control carbon pre-filter, and Winix's PlasmaWave Technology combine to offer superior control of household odors, pollutants and allergens.
- Odor controlled.
- Sleep mode.
- Auto mode.
- Not very attractive looking.
- 1/5 Stars: I read the reviews before purchasing the air purifer and that helped me choose this model. I was so excited when I got it. I followed instructions, which were so easy and when I turned it on, it would not keep running. It stated it could take up to 4 minutes to set, but it wouldn't run any longer than a second. I returned it and now don't know if I should take the chance and order the same model.
- 5/5 Stars: The product seems to be doing "something", as all the lights work and the fan blows. I think it smells better in the house, overall, but have not noticed better breathing like I hoped I would since it's been in operation for two or so weeks.