Cobb Middle School Weekly News
February 27 - March 3, 2017
Coming Up This Week...
- Academic Pentathlon Meeting, 7:45 a.m. (E103) OR 3:40 p.m. (D106)
- Symphonic Band Composer Clinic, 3:45-5:30 p.m., Band Hall
- Boys' Soccer Tryout Sign-ups, today through March 17th, E118
- Math/Science Team Meeting, 3:40-4:15 p.m., D104
- Legally Blonde Jr. Rehearsal, 3:40-6:30 p.m., G102/Cafe
- Writing Club, 7:55-8:15 a.m., D106
- Harry Potter Club, 3:40-4:30 p.m., C103
- Student-Led Bible Study, 3:40-4:15 p.m., B121
- Legally Blonde Jr. Rehearsal, 3:40-5:30 p.m., G102/Cafe
- Film Club, 3:40 p.m., C101
- Track Meet, 4:00-9:00 p.m., WHS
- Cobb Band Chick fil A Spirit Day, 6:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m., FM423 & Stonebrook location
- Library Club, 7:45-8:15 a.m., Library
- Legally Blonde Jr. Rehearsal, 3:40-6:00 p.m., G102/Cafe
- Math & Science Team Meeting, 3:40-4:15 p.m., E114
- FISD Dual Credit Information Meeting, 6:00-8:00 p.m., Collin College (SEE BELOW)
- New to FISD Parent Orientation, 7:00-8:30 p.m., FISD Administration Building
- Orchestra UIL, 8:00 a.m. Concert, 8:30 a.m. Sight Reading, RHS
- Cheer Tryouts, 3:40-5:30 p.m., Both Gyms
- Legally Blonde Jr. Dance Rehearsal, 3:40-6:00 p.m., G102/Cafe
Save the Dates
- 3/6-3/10 - SPRING BREAK!
- 3/13-3/24 - Frisco Family Services Food Drive (more details to come!)
- 3/14 - Lego Club, 3:40-4:25 p.m., B123
- 3/16 - Mandatory Girls' Soccer Tryout Meeting, 7:55 a.m., E107
- 3/16 - StuCo General Meeting, 7:55 a.m. OR 3:45 p.m., C118
- 3/16 - Track Meet - West Division Championship, 4:00-9:00 p.m., Memorial Stadium
- 3/16 - PTA Board Meeting, 4:45-6:00 p.m., Library
- 3/16 - PTA Regular Meeting, 6:00 p.m., Cafe
Planning Ahead for STAAR Season? Click Below for Important Info
Boys' and Girls' Soccer Tryouts -
BOYS: Tryout signup in Coach Moore's room (E118) is February 27th-March 17th. 8th grade tryouts are March 20th-22nd before school. 7th grade tryouts are March 22nd-24th before school.
GIRLS: Mandatory tryout meeting in Coach Troupe's room (E107) is March 16th at 7:55 a.m. Tryouts for 7th and 8th grades are March 20th-23rd from 3:45-5:00 p.m.
Current 6th Grade parents – YOU ROCK!! Several of you have already turned in your student’s updated shot records, and we are now 40% complete for the class. This is double where we were last year. Thank you so much for helping us be ready for next year. Keep those records coming!! Please email HodgkisK@friscoisd.org if you have questions.
7th Grade Field Trip Info - Find out all the details about your 7th grader's field trip to the Dallas Zoo in May! Some deadlines are coming up!
FISD Dual Credit Parent Information Meeting - March 2nd at the Collin College Preston Ridge Campus. Read more about it here.
8th Grade Field Trip - Payment is due by March 3rd through your student's MyPaymentsPlus account. If you wish to be a chaperone, please select that option when you pay for your student. A chaperone fee will then be added to your student's account and you may pay it online as well. If you have questions about payment please contact Brenda Biller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Club - One of the best parts of middle school is getting involved with a group of your peers to do something you enjoy outside the classroom. Cobb has a diverse list of clubs and organizations to fit every student's interests, so encourage your child to try one out!