Pershing Elementary News May
Pershing Elementary 2021-2022
Important Dates to Know
- Yearbooks are for sale! They are $10.00
- Tuesday, May 10th 2nd Grade will attend the Cardinals Game!
- Thursday, May 12th is Kindergarten/Fifth Grade Buddy Walking Field Trip!
- Friday, May 13th all Library materials are due.
- Saturday, May 14th is the Color Run at 10 AM!
- May 16-20 is our school Book Fair!
- Wednesday, May 18th is Level Up Day! Each grade level will visit the next grade level to ask questions and see that classroom.
- Thursday, May 19th is Field Day!
- Monday, May 23rd Kindergarten and First Grade will take a walking field trip to the park.
- Tuesday, May 24th is Kindergarten Graduation at 6 PM.
- Wednesday, May 25th is 5th Grade Promotion at 3 PM.
- Wednesday, May 25th is the last day of school! We will have yearbook signing on this day!
Our Fantastic Caverns field trip!
Our Fantastic Caverns field trip!
Fourth Graders enjoyed our Spanish cadet students, Nadia & Jacie, from Glendale High School!
Yearbooks are for sale!
Steam Club enjoyed a walking field trip on the Sequiota trail!
Pershing Elementary Color Run!
- Saturday, May 14th at 10 AM on the Pershing Elementary Playground.
- If there is rain, our rain date is May 21st at 10 AM! Cancelation will be announced on PTA Facebook page by 8 AM!
- Please come through the Elementary Playground Gate.
- A guardian must stay with the students. This is NOT a drop off event.
- There is limited use of a bathroom, so please go before you come to the event.
- If you did not order a shirt, wear a white one. If you ordered a Color Run shirt they will go home next week!
- Wear tennis shoes.
- Bring a water bottle.
- There will be raffle tickets for sale for $1.00.
- Raffles are for a 1 night stay at the VIB Hotel, a $50.00 Visa gift card, a $25.00 Fleet gift card, 2 tickets to the Springfield Symphony for next season, a ukulele from Ernie Williamson including a month of ukulele lessons!
Field Day - Thursday, May 19th
This is a fun event! Please make sure your child wears tennis shoes and brings a towel and water bottle. They may also want a change of clothes in case they get soaked.
Are you a 5th Grader going into 6th Grade with an interest in Band?
5th graders going into 6th grade next year can sign up for beginning band this summer!
If you are interested in getting a jump start in band and want more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore Summer School
A wide array of classes, delivery modes and schedules will allow you
to customize your child's summer learning experience.
Explore offers your family multiple options for keeping your child engaged in learning this summer.
Registration for Explore is currently open for all grades.
A copy of the Explore Pocket Guide was sent home with students.
Online classes for K-12 students will be offered June 6-30 and July 5-29
Seated classes for K-8 students will be offered June 6-July 15
Students in grades 3-5 can participate in Artworks courses offered at three locations.
New for 2022! Middle School Fine Arts Academy offers classes in musical, performing and fine arts.
Select from in-person or virtual options.
Choose classes tailored for students grades Kindergarten-12th.
We are very proud of how much elementary students read during April’s National School Library Month! They made an amazing reading chain, worthy of some fun surprises.
Springfield Greene Country Library will visit Pershing on Tuesday, May 17, to talk to our students about their summer reading program.
The Book Fair is coming the week of May 16! This will be a buy one, get one free book fair, and there will be nothing but books. (This time there will be no toys, pens, book marks, etc.) We want to get as many books in kids’ hands as possible!
Last library checkout day is Friday, May 6. All library materials are due back by Friday, May 13.
Library Media Specialist
Ms. Ebert is available to help with tech issues. You can send her an email at email@example.com.
Nat Geo Kids
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC KIDS features educational games, videos, and other activities, centered mostly on animals and the natural world. Kids can get a virtual tour of different countries, featuring fun facts and other information.
- $10.00 Youth Regular Shirts: M, L, XL
- $20.00 Youth Hoodies: S, M, L
- $10.00 Adult Regular Shirts: S, M, L, XL, 2X, 3X
- $15.00 Adult Raglan Shirts: S, M, L, XL, 2XL
Send an envelope with check or cash to school with what you wish to purchase!
Pershing Nurse News
Medication pick up will be Wednesday, May 25 prior to the school day starting (8:30am-9:30am) and at the end of the day (4:00pm-4:30pm).
Why join PTA?
It costs $10.00 to join PTA. You are not obligated to donate your time just because you sign up. This small amount of money quickly adds up to support our small school. Grandparents and other family members are welcome to join and support the PTA! Each dollar goes toward Pershing Elementary.
Our Pershing PTA would love your involvement as much as you wish to help. This is a great way to show your child you support their school.
If you wish to know more just ask a PTA Board Member!
President.......................................... Michelle Houghton
Vice President................................... Kate Andrews
Treasurer ..........................................Charity Burkholder
Secretary.......................................... Heather Johansen
Fundraising....................................... Brandi VanAntwerp
Membership..................................... Kristy Bork
Communicate with Middle School.Jason Steingraber
Teacher Rep......................................Brandi Frazier
Pershing Elementary PTA
- Pershing Elementary PTA
- Pershing Elementary