Lincoln Middle School
September 18, 2020
Please be sure to scroll through our newsletter.
We are remote . . . but there is plenty happening at Lincoln!
- Order Spirit Wear Store - the store closes September 25!
- Be sure to read Ms. Sassatelli's important Zoom info.
- PTO Fundraiser: School Photos!
- Announcing! Pet Appreciation Club!
- Come sing with our Chorus!
.... and so much more ...
LINCOLN SPIRIT WEAR STORE IS OPEN!
Show your school spirit . . . even if it is on Zoom!
Shop the Lincoln Spirit Wear Store here!
Use access code: LINCOLN (all caps, no spaces)
Ms. Sassatelli, Instructional Technology Coach: Important Info about Zoom Meetings
Starting next week, Lincoln will be enabling a feature called “Authenticated Users” on our Zoom license. This premium feature will allow students to log into Zoom using their school Google account, and will add yet another layer of security to our Zoom calls.
Teachers will provide students with all necessary details starting Monday. Students will receive an email invitation to activate their Zoom account, and support will be provided throughout the week for any student who needs assistance. Account authentication is a one-time process, and then students will continue to access Zoom calls the same way as before. If you'd like to preview the steps with your child, here is the video teachers will be sharing with students on Monday.
Ms. Knight, Lincoln Club Sponsor invites you to join PET APPRECIATION CLUB!
This club welcomes students who like pets or own pet(s). We will meet pets, discuss pets on Zoom, through themes, stories, activities related to pets, their lives, well being, and owners. The club meets regularly Tuesdays (one Thursday) for the Fall Session, 3pm - 4pm.
Any questions? Please contact the club sponsor, Ms. Knight, at email@example.com.
QUEST . . . District Hot Lunch Provider
Starting Tuesday September 8 the entire district will have the capability to order lunch and a la carte items off of a new ordering platform.
• Please create an account with My Meal Order. Instructions are linked below. This will allow you to select the daily meals and/or a la carte options.
• Meal orders must be submitted by Thursday at midnight for the next week.
• You will be required to create an account and transactions will happen at the point of order.
• It is highly recommended that the “low balance” notification is set up for your My Meal order account to ensure continuous food service. Insufficient funds will result in delayed ordering and may result in your order for the next week not being processed.
• First orders will be due September 8 at midnight for meal distribution on Tuesday, September 15 and Thursday, September 17.
Meal Distribution will take place at Lincoln Middle School in D57 from 11:10am - 12:50pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week.
• Orders for Tuesdays will be picked up Tuesday at Lincoln Middle School.
• Orders for Thursday will be picked up Thursday at Lincoln Middle School.
• Meals will be labeled with the student’s name and ID number.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Quest’s District Manager, Anthony Ferrazzuolo, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Food Service Director at District 57, Donna Niesen at Donna.Niesen@questfms.com.
ATTENTION! PARENTS OF 6TH GRADERS and NEW STUDENTS ! AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM YOUR SCHOOL NURSE, MRS. SMITH
- All incoming 6th grade and new students must submit a completed school physical and immunization record to the health office prior to October 15th.
- Dental forms are also required but the deadline is not before October 15.
- Physical exams after August 24, 2019 and dental examinations done after 11/15/19 fulfill the requirement.
- Once In-Person learning resumes, if the required paperwork has not been received, your child will be excluded from school.
- Paperwork can either be emailed to the school nurse (email@example.com) or dropped off at Lincoln Middle School (collection bin located in the foyer/front of building from 7am-3pm) or faxed to (847) 394-7358.
- Please make sure to complete the health history section at the top of the form, sign and date--this section is completed by parent.
- Medical forms can be found at this link.