By: Kaylea King
- The population as of July 2015 is 6,141,350
- The capital is San Salvador
- El Salvador is 8,124 sq. mi., it is closest in size to the state Connecticut which is 5,545 sq. mi.
- Below is a picture of the country's flag
Life in El Salvador
- The most popular dish is pupusa, a tortilla stuffed with cheese.
- The people in El Salvador don't discriminate against race and housing is cheap.
- There is provided free education to the 9th grade, and the classes are pretty much the same as the US.
- Most entertainment is the same as ours and they are avid sports fans
- Soccer is the national sport, but they are open to many different sports
- Some music hey have is Salavadoran hip-hop, rock, and native Mesoamerican Indigenous music.
- El Salvador is 90% Catholic
- Their main export is coffee, sugar, shrimp, textiles, and chemicals
El Salvador Facts
- The currency of El Salvador is the US Dollar, shown above.
- They have tropical weather, little seasonal change, but pronounced wet and dry seasons.
- Some animals in El Salvador are the ocelot and the long-tailed weasel.
- There is mainly tropical rainforest vegetation in El Salvador
- Most people work on farms, fields, and construction
- El Salvador is the most densely populated country in Central America.
- They also have frequent earthquakes and volcanoes.
- The main city is San Salvador which is also the home of a volcano.
- If I were to visit El Salvador I would want to see the Cathedral of Santa Ana pictured below.
Famous People from El Salvador
- Rolando Molina, an actor from Bruce Almighty
- Sarah Hadland, voice actor and actor from The Job Lot
- Ivan Bustillo, a YouTuber