Team News 8.25
Daring Greatly in Faith, Academics, & Service for SMCS
I like you just the way you are.
Remember on Tuesday we are celebrating the Feast Day of St. Monica. Please make sure your students know who she is and what she means for our school (model of perseverance). If your class would like to do a presentation about her after Mass on Tuesday, please let me know!
Thank you all for a beautiful first full week. Here we go into our first real all-day week. You got this.
Reminders and Updates
- Please start picking up students at 7:45AM in cafeteria to alleviate conjestion.
- Prayer is at 7:30AM.
- Trash to Cafeteria by 3PM.
- Send at least one picture to me via text each week of something from your classroom.
- If you'd like....Send me your gratitude each week by Sunday via text or email and I will include in our newsletter. See bottom of newsletter.
Teaching Resources for FREE, Amazing Curriculum to Supplement Your Awesome Lessons
Open Up: Math and ELA
One Stop Shop for MS Culture
Engage NY: Free Curriculum PreK to 8th
School Schedules: Duty, Classroom and Contact Information
This Week's Scheduled Interruptions/Off Campus/Subbing
Time off begins after the first two weeks of school (minus any emergencies or critical medical appointments).
Monday: AM, Ms. Molly Out and Mrs. Torres Out, No music/spanish in AM--teacher can take to recess.
Tuesday: Mass Day for St. Monica, Follow FRIDAY SCHEDULE
Wednesday: Mr. Patrick Out, ASC has coverage
Thursday: Mr. Patrick Out, ASC has Coverage, Ms. Cortez in training for NWEA
Friday: No Mass, Follow TUESDAY SCHEDULE
If you're not on here, I don't have it in Paylocity or Email. Please let me know ASAP.
This week's leaders: Middle School
Please always confirm readers and begin practicing with them by Tuesday. Please email your assignments to Ms. Cortez and Ms. Salazar by Wednesday.
Gratitude from the past week
- Mrs. Brooks for modeling prayer for the little ones, Evelyn would not let momma drive until they prayed, quietly (from Mrs. Hajek).
- Each of you for your patience with the AC, the copiers and Wifi.
- Mrs. Cortez for getting all of logins and sign-ups ready to roll for our academic resources.
- Ms. Lori for helping out in the kitchen.
- Ms. Sally for her yes to helping with PreKinder.
- All of the unnoticed yet appreciated ways each of you helps our school remain firmly rooted.