By: Heather Justice
Prenatal care is the care you get while you are pregnant.
Why do you need to prenatal care?
- You need prenantal care to make you and your baby healthy.
- According to Womanshealth.gov if you do not have prenatal health your baby is three times more likely to have a low birth weight and five times more likely to die.
Foods to eat:
- Whole grains
- Calcium-rich foods
- Iron-rich foods
- Foods low in saturated fats
- You should also drink plenty of fluids, especially water.
- Do not eat swordfish
- King mackeral
- Tilefish because they are rich in mercury.
- Also remember when looking for your prenatal vitamins that it includes vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin, B12, and vitamin C.
Exercising: swimming, pilates, water aerobics, yoga, biking, or walking
* THINGS TO REMEMBER *
- Do not smoke
- Do not drink
- Do not use drugs
- Do not take very hot baths or get into saunas
- Avoid x-rays