William Tell Elementary
Parent Newsletter, September, 2016
Olweus Kickoff...Great Fun for All!
What Bullying is....and What It Is Not
1) Rough Play: Usually friends, balance of power, no intent to harm.
2) Real Fighting: Usually not friends, balance of power relatively equal, intentional harm.
3) Bullying: Typically not friends, unequal power, intentional harm.
What you can do if you see someone being bullied (as shared with students):
- Tell an adult.
- Don't laugh.
- Try to get the person being bullied to come play with or sit by you.
- Don't do what you have seen the bully do.
- Try to include the child being bullied in your activities.
- Help the person being bullied by taking them away from where the bully is.
- Tell the bully to stop.
Thank you for understanding that not every incident is bullying. We put great effort into discussing how to treat people right in our attempts to educate children. Feel free to use these same strategies in the home. Together, we are better!
Kindergarten Social Thursday, Sept. 1
Marksmen Matters - Thursday, September 1st from 11:30 am - 12:30 pm, WTE Library
School Fundraiser Kickoff Sept. 2
School Pictures--Sept. 15, 16, 17, and 18
Wednesday, September 16: 1st and 2nd
Thursday, September 17: 3rd and 4th
Friday, September 18: 5th and 6th