April 9, 2021
Both bands are sounding great in their rehearsals! We've got just under two more weeks to continue to prepare for our UIL Concert & Sight Reading contests on April 21st and 22nd. The kids have got great momentum going right now and just have to keep it up for a few more rehearsals.
Both bands have rehearsal Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 3:30-5:30pm. (Even on asynchronous testing days. Please plan accordingly for transportation to campus.)
Saturday Recording Session
Both bands have a rehearsal/recording session this Saturday, April 17th. Varsity Band 9-12, Non-Varsity Band 1-4pm.
Our schedules for UIL were just released. Please pay careful attention to your group's schedule below.
UIL Concert & Sight Reading Schedules
Wednesday, April 21st - This is an early release day.
- Noon - Students report to band hall
- 1:30pm - Load buses
- 2:25pm - Warm up at Rockwall Heath HS
- 3:00pm - Concert Performance
- 3:30pm - Sight Reading
- 4:15pm - Approximate return to LCHS.
Thursday, April 22nd
- 7:30am - Students report to band hall
- 8:30am - Load buses
- 9:40am - Warm up at Rockwall Heath HS
- 10:30am - Concert Performance
- 11:15am - Sight Reading
- 12:15pm - Approximate return to LCHS
Find the official band calendar on the home page of our band website. We encourage families and students to sync the band calendar to your personal calendar to help keep track of our busy schedule.
Past Due Band Fees
Unfortunately, fees are a necessary part of our band program. Without collecting student fees, we would not have the resources to provide our students with a high quality band experience. Our funding simply does not cover all of the expenses that are required for our program. We try to keep our fees as low as we can, while also trying to make our students as successful as we can. We ask that you please double check that your are current with your fees.
This year's fees:
- All students are responsible for these fees, virtual and F2F.
- Fees are now past due.
- All students were charged a $200 activity fee.
- Students with a school owned instrument, including percussion, were charged a $100 instrument fee.
- These fees were charged to students' Skyward accounts and must be paid online through Skyward. If need be, payments can be made by cash or check in the band hall. Checks must be made payable to "LCHS" with "Band Fees" and student ID # in the memo line.
If you still owe fees from last school year:
- Those fees were charged through our former data management system CutTime.
- Payments may be made online by logging in to your CutTime account or by sending cash or check made out to "LCHS Band Boosters."
As we approach the end of the year, past due fees may result in the school withholding items such as graduation tickets and/or report cards. If you have any specific questions or concerns about amounts owed or methods of payment, please email Mr. Hudler.
Students who have indicated they will be participating virtually will need to log into the appropriate Google Meet for the duration of their assigned rehearsal. Students should also have all of their band materials available and are expected to participate and play along during rehearsal. As always, music and materials can be found in our Virtual Library.(GISD log-in required)
Students who are virtual learners but are planning on coming to campus for rehearsals will need to be screened upon arriving at school, including having their temperature taken and completing the Symptom Screening Form. (GISD log-in required). Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow time for screening,
As with all after school rehearsals, absences are excused for the same reasons that the school would excuse, such as illness or family emergency. All absences must be communicated to Mr. Hudler by a parent through email.
We strongly encourage all members of the band to take advantage of private lesson opportunities this year. Lessons are incredibly beneficial to every student from Concert Band to the Wind Ensemble. They help students grow and improve individually, which is the best and fastest way for our band to grow and improve as an organization. This week the band staff will be reaching out to families who expressed interest in private lessons to help set them up and answer any questions. More information about private lessons can be found on our band website along with student applications and contact information for our amazing private lessons staff.