Texas School Procedures, LLC
June, 2019 Newsletter
86th Legislature has come to a close and TxSP is gearing up!
TxSP has been monitoring the progress of various bills that will affect our subscribing districts. As bills are signed into law, our company will be working throughout the summer months to update current protocols and documents that have been affected and creating new ones as the bills will require. We will have a document ready for the beginning of the school year with all the bills that TxSP will address and where you will see the changes or additions. We will also be providing a powerpoint, if the district wishes, to use to update all campus and district administrators. Stay tuned.
Updates during the month of May!
- A new filing drawer, Access Request, was added to our Technology filing cabinet. A new file, Doc.Employee Technology and Access Request – District Approval, was added. This was developed per a district request for an employee form to request access to various technology and certain equipment/videos.
- All documents in DO – Challenge Instructional Material have been updated and a response letter has been added. Several of our districts have had challenges this school year on books in the library and reading materials assigned to students.
- A new file drawer, FERPA was added to the Records filing cabinet and as well as new resource documents, Res.FERPA on Videos and Photos, Res.FERPA on Student Records, and Res.FERPA on Agencies. This new filing drawer was added to continue to update new materials and requests that TxSP receives on what a district can release and to whom.
- We have added a new filing drawer, Miscellaneous Forms under the Staff filing cabinet. Our first new document in that drawer is Doc.Employee Access Request at the campus level.
- Updates were made to: Pro.Search and Seizures and Res.Searches of Electronic Equipment under Discipline.
- Ltr.Below 90% Rule and Ltr.Below 75% Rule was changed to address by semester or full year attendance. The letters are located in CO – Attendance – Below 90% Rule.
- Res.Cumulative Student Records Retention was updated in CO – Student Records – Retention Guidelines.
- Doc.Cumulative Folder Clean-Out was also updated and is found under Student Records.
- Both the Elementary and Secondary Field trip permission forms were updated.
- Quite a few updates and new documents were added to address certain clarification and new information on denials and expedited request of sped video cameras.
- Several documents in Student Support – 504 – Service Animals were updated, including Service Animal and Adult Handler Request forms as well as Doc.Plan for Consideration of Accommodations for Return.
- A new cabinet in Student Support, Migrant and Immigrant Students, was created and is home for Pro.Migrant Education Program and will have added information on immigrant students soon.
- Be sure to consider using our Behavior filing cabinet for staff Development for teachers, behavior consultants, and RtI/IEP committees for next school year. Many resources and all RESEARCH-BASED!!!
Come visit us at the Texas Rural Educators Association Conference this summer, June 21-23.
TxSP will be presenting a session on "How & When Do I Address a Student Who Threatens to Hurt Others?" Our presentation will be June 22, 2019 in the Pecos Room at the DFW Marriott Hotel & Golf Club in Ft. Worth from 2:50-3:50. The objective for participants is to leave the session with a clear process of how to establish a threat inquiry team, a defined step-by-step process, and ALL forms and letters required to document the work (taken from our online website). TxSP is one of the sponsors for the conference and will be one of the vendors where you can view and interact with our website and ask questions. The cost is only $2.00 per student on an annual basis. Come by and see us!
Our Contact Information
If you are a Texas School District or Charter school that is currently NOT a subscriber to our website and service, please contact us for information about how the subscription to our website can ensure your employees are compliant with state and federal laws and have access to many research-based practices. We have references upon request.