January 20, 2023
JA BIZTOWN INTERVIEWS
Our fourth and fifth graders are participating in Junior Achievement's BizTown simulation on February 9th and 10th! JA BizTown combines in-class learning with a two day visit to a simulated town. This learning experience provides our students with real world opportunities such as operating a bank, managing a restaurant, writing checks, voting for mayor, and more. Each student will interview for the job they are interested in and become “gainfully employed” as part of the simulation experience.
We are seeking a wide variety of interviewers from all areas of expertise and we need you!! Please consider volunteering to interview our student applicants on Monday, January 30th (8:00-9:15) for their job placements. All materials for the interview process are provided. *You do not have to have a student in fourth or fifth grade to volunteer. Help us make a difference in preparing our students for the real world! Click here to sign up. *Please reach out to Mrs. McHenry directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Yearbook ads are now on sale! You may place a yearbook ad in the Campus School yearbook for a student or a business. Each ad is one-eighth of the page and will contain a picture and a message.
Placing the ad is easy and only costs $25 for a student and $50 for a business! Just select a favorite picture of your child or business (baby picture, athletic event, award, business card, etc.) and email it as an attachment along with the message you would like displayed to Mrs. Henderson at email@example.com. Please note that a lengthy message may result in a smaller image and decreased font size making it difficult to read.
Payment for yearbook ad orders are made on School Cash Online. Yearbook purchases will be made at a later date online with TriStar. These payments may not be combined. The deadline to email your yearbook ad and photo is Friday, January 27th.
*The school yearbook will go on sale in February and will be purchased online through TriStar. The cost is $35.
We are excited to offer an opportunity for guests to eat lunch with their student TWO DAYS a week. Grades K, 2, 4 may have guests Monday or Wednesday and Grades 1, 3, 5 may have guests Tuesday or Thursday.
- Sign up as a lunch guest at the Sign Up Genius link below.
- On your lunch day, sign in at the front office and proceed to the guest table downstairs at your child's lunch time.
- Only the child of the guest in attendance may eat lunch with the guest.
- Visitors need to bring their own lunch due to food supply shortages and the limited amount of preordered food available for serving.
- The guest will be responsible for collecting and throwing away all trash.
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER
January 22-28: School Board Appreciation Week
January 30: JA Biztown Interviews (4th/5th Grade)
January 31: No School for students
February 3: Club/Choir/Junior Pro Bball Pictures. Students MUST wear their Club/Choir/Junior Pro shirt or jersey to be in the picture.
February 9: Progress Reports go home
*The school and district calendar are linked below for easy access.
GENERAL SCHOOL INFORMATION
- The front doors are open at 6:50 to admit students. Bring your student early to participate in a Lightning Leader Club or grab a quick breakfast!
- Students go directly to class at 7:15.
- School starts with announcements at 7:25.
- Students need to enter school by 7:20 or they are starting their day behind!
- Dismissal is from 2:30-2:40.
- At 7:15, students are sent directly to the classroom. Your student MUST arrive by 7:00 to eat breakfast! The student cost for breakfast is: $2.00.
- Breakfast typically consists of a cheese stick, cereal bar, cheez-its, poptart, or graham crackers with milk and/or juice.
- Lunch is a choice between two hot entrees and two vegetable choices. A sandwich or salad may be offered as an additional option. The student cost for lunch is: $3.25.
- Due to delivery shortages, we are cannot guarantee menu and ala carte items will be available. As a result, the menu is subject to change without notice.
- Please click here to create an account with MyPaymentsPlus, the online payment tool for the cafeteria. The Meal account is for breakfast or lunch and the General account is for ala carte (snack, ice cream) items.
- Campus School and McFadden share a school nutrition manager. Her name is Mrs. Maggie Connor. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to her via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.