Self-Explanation & Practicing
- Why is this an important strategy?
- How does it help students learn?
Dales Cone of Experience
Practicing with Technology
- Drawing apps such as Drawing Desk
- Stick Around
Self-Explanation with Technology
- Camera app
Draw, photos, pictograms, text, narrate, edit
Saves to camera roll
- Explain Everything
Simple or Regular Interface
Backgrounds, draw, photos, videos, text, narrate, edit, etc.
Exports as a video, PDF, Image or Project
Uploads to camera roll, Google Drive, Email, etc.
Activity - Explain Your Thinking
- Choose a station.
- Use Explain Everything to demonstrate how you and your partner solved the challenge.
- Choose Video to Camera Roll to save the project.
- In Edmodo, find the MMS Staff Technology group (code 98bu67).
- Find the Explain Everything Assignment.
- Find and tap the Turn In button.
- Under the word Submission, type which puzzle you solved and attach your video.
NOTE: Make sure you type something under Submission BEFORE attaching the video or the video may not attach.
- Tap Submit.