Ms. Beyer's April Newsletter
Homework due every Tuesday!
Earth Week: April 20 - 24
How to Pack a Waste Free Lunch
· A reusable lunch bag or box (not a throw-away, single-use plastic or paper bag).
· Reusable containers for packing food (no plastic wrap, foil, plastic bags, single-serving containers, pre-packaged foods). Hard plastic food containers or re-use of plastic tubs are suitable options.
· Reusable drink containers e.g. thermos, or reusable bottle (single-use pop cans, water bottles, juice boxes). Recyclable containers (pop cans) are discouraged but acceptable as long as the student ensures they go into the recycling bin.
· Organic waste like apple cores, orange and banana peels, other leftovers etc. that can either be composted through a school composting program or at home.
· Non-disposable cutlery (silverware) and a cloth napkin.
You can encourage your child to develop his/her description of things by asking him/her to describe to you something familiar to them at home.
- table of contents
- label (with diagram)
The only feature we couldn't find was a map!