GMS Game Plan: Parent Newsletter
A few reminders:
- Greenbrier Public Schools will be celebrating mental health this week. Check out the graphic below to see what each day will focus on.
- ICU will continue this Thursday and Friday. If your student has missing assignments, teachers will place them on the ICU list until it completed. ICU is an opportunity for students to complete their work with a staff member during lunch. Students bring their lunch to the ICU location and participates in a "working lunch." Our goal is for all students to turn in high quality work, on time! Please help us remind our students to get their BEST work turned in ON TIME!
- We will have our first REWARD DAY this Friday! See below for what the criteria is for students to earn the reward.!
- Please help us remind students to bring their chromebook and charger, everyday! Don't forget to follow us on facebook to see what is happening at GMS!
- Filtered water stations are available for students to fill up their water bottles throughout the day. Please help us encourage your student to bring their water bottles!
- All students need to be in class by 7:50. Please help us make sure all students are present and ready for learning! If you arrive after 7:50, a parent must check in their student in the office. Coach Stone, our Dean of Students, emailed the attendance policy on Friday. Please make sure you are aware of attendance and policy protocols.
Please check out out our Go Guardian application that enable parents and guardians the ability to view their children’s Internet access history, block specific websites, pause their children’s Internet, and schedule Internet availability on managed devices. We are excited to offer this safety measure for our students and families.
Save our number!
- September 25th-28th: Mental Health Awareness Week
- September 29th- Positive Behavior Reward Day
- October 6th- Club Friday
- October 12th- End of 1st Nine Weeks
- October 19th- Parent Teacher Conferences 11am-7pm
- October 20th- Club Friday
- Fall Break: October 30th and 31st (NO School)
Greenbrier Schools 2023-2024 Academic Calendar
Standards Based Grading: What does my child's progress report mean?
If you are needing HAC Access, please call the office and get your login and password.
Child Nutrition Information
Child Nutrition Information
Student Meal Pricing:
Elementary Lunch: $2.50
Secondary Lunch: $2.75
GMS Lunch Information:
6th grade- 10:30-11
7th Grade- 11:25-11:55
If you are dropping off lunch to your student, please drop them off in the front office. If you are eating lunch with your student, check in at the office first. Upon checking in, you and your student will proceed to eat at the picnic tables in the courtyard.
H.E.A.R.T of the Panther Expectations
GMS Bell Schedule
GMS 2023-2024 Orientation Information
Character Word of the Month and Character Dare:
GMS Fall Athletic Schedules
ALL middle school students attending a Greenbrier sporting event must be accompanied by an adult.
Parent and Family Support
Tory Moix, Assistant Principal
Taylor Stone, Dean of Students
Tami Buchanan, Counselor
Susan Bradley, Administrative Assistant