GMS Game Plan: Parent Newsletter
We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Break! We are excited to see our GMS students.
- Thank you to everyone that participated in our Food Drive!! Congratulations to Mrs. Pavan and Coach Smith's 1st periods for blocking their door!
- Progress Reports went home on Friday (before the break.) If your child was absent, they will be with their 7th period teacher.
- The GMS Angel Tree would love your help in providing gifts to bless some of our students this year! See below for more information on signing up!
- The Greenbrier Christmas Parade is approaching quickly!! We are still in need of lots of candy, Christmas lights, spot lights, and a generator. Our GMS staff would love any handy help or food and drinks delivered during the building process! Email Mrs. Moix if you would like to help! firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few reminders:
- ICU will continue every Thursday and Friday. If your student has missing assignments, teachers will place them on the ICU list until it completed. ICU is an opportunity for students to complete their work with a staff member during lunch. Students bring their lunch to the ICU location and participates in a "working lunch." Our goal is for all students to turn in high quality work, on time! Please help us remind our students to get their BEST work turned in ON TIME!
- Please help us remind students to bring their chromebook and charger, everyday! Don't forget to follow us on facebook to see what is happening at GMS!
- Filtered water stations are available for students to fill up their water bottles throughout the day. Please help us encourage your student to bring their water bottles!
- All students need to be in class by 7:50. Please help us make sure all students are present and ready for learning! If you arrive after 7:50, a parent must check in their student in the office. Please make sure you are aware of attendance and policy protocols.
Please check out out our Go Guardian application that enable parents and guardians the ability to view their children’s Internet access history, block specific websites, pause their children’s Internet, and schedule Internet availability on managed devices. We are excited to offer this safety measure for our students and families.
GMS Angel Tree
It is our favorite time of year and we cannot wait to bless some of our students this season!
Please help our students have a wonderful Christmas by selecting a tag or two. Scan the code or follow the link, select a tag, click submit, close the form. If you want another tag, click on the link to use the form again. Please return the wrapped gifts, with the label on the outside to the GMS office by Monday, Dec. 11th, 2023. This is truly a special time for GMS families thanks to you all!
Feel free to email Mrs. Buchanan for any more information!
Dec 3rd-6th: Parade Prep-- see below for more information on how to help
Dec 4th-8th: MAP Testing in Math and Literacy
December 5th: Band Christmas Concert
December 7th: RISE Up in Lights Christmas Parade
December 12th: School Wide Spelling Bee
Dec 7th: Annual Greenbrier Parade and Literacy Night at Matthews Park
Greenbrier Schools 2023-2024 Academic Calendar
Standards Based Grading: What does my child's progress report mean?
If you are needing HAC Access, please call the office and get your login and password.
H.E.A.R.T of the Panther Expectations
GMS Bell Schedule
GMS 2023-2024 Orientation Information
MVP of the Week
Mr. Pickett passed MVP of the Week to Ms. Walker
GMS Athletic Schedules
ALL middle school students attending a Greenbrier sporting event must be accompanied by an adult.
What is the Science of Reading? | Structured Literacy | IMSE Journal
Being a proficient reader has an impact on a student's entire education. Teaching students to read is the work of educators. While some educators are well-equipped to take on such a significant task, others wish they were better prepared and supported to make an impact that could change a child's life.
Science of Reading for Families
Each month the Arkansas Department of Education puts out a newsletter focused on literacy!
Check out the link below for this month's newsletter.
Parent and Family Support
Tory Moix, Assistant Principal
Taylor Stone, Dean of Students
Tami Buchanan, Counselor
Susan Bradley, Administrative Assistant