Tyngsborough Elementary School
2.13.17 Email Blast
2.13.17 Snow Day Challenge!
Those of you who know me, know I'm not a fan of winter and believe it or not I'm not a fan of snow days. However, with this lovely weather pattern we've been in I figured it was time for a little contest! Families are encouraged to email, post on Facebook or Twitter something they've done to show their STRIPES during the snow day! The kindest, most creative family and staff member will win a special prize!!!
Our Student Council Members are hard at work again!
The TES Student Council is hosting a Valentine's Day fundraiser during lunch to buy a valentine, write a kind message and display them on the cafe windows to celebrate the holiday. Students can buy a valentine and say thanks to a friend, sibling, classmate etc... We look forward to seeing our cafe transform into a school wide valentine wish. And of course, the ever famous student council estimation jars of candy will be available. This fundraising event will run through Friday, 2/17. Valentines and votes for the estimation jar are $.25 - $.75. Funds raised will be donated to the Joseph Middlemiss Big Heart Foundation
Special Education Parent/Family Survey
Parents/guardians that have children receiving special education services are encouraged to complete the survey below. Your feedback is valued and appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to complete this.
World Read Aloud Day - 2/16/17
"Recent data from the Scholastic Kids & Family Reading Report™: 6th Edition, revealed that kids ages 6–11 and their parents agree that they enjoy read-aloud time, the top reasons being it is a special time together and reading together is fun."
We are very excited to offer a Mindfulness Room to the staff and students at TES. The purpose of this room is to have a quiet space to practice mindfulness through breathing exercises, quiet reflection, and other calming activities (i.e.: quiet reading time, writing, etc.). Another suggestion is to use the room whenever your class needs to reset/refocus, such as after a transition or before/after a test. There is a growing body of research that links mindfulness practices with improved social-emotional skills, self-regulation and learning outcomes. For more information please go to: www.mindfulschools.org.
2017 Summer Adventure
The goal of TES Summer Adventure is to provide a safe, enriching, and energizing summer for children entering preschool – grade 5. Lessons and activities are facilitated by certified professionals and are designed to be developmentally and age appropriate to ensure continuous engagement and a rewarding summer experience.
SAVE THE DATES! PLEASE CHECK DATES WEEKLY AS DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- 2/15/17 - Preschool Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 2/15/17 - 2017-18 Kindergarten Parent Information Night @ 7:00-8:00 (TES Cafe)
- 2/16/17 - Reading Ambassadors @ 8:00 a.m.
- 2/17/17 - World Read Aloud Day
- 2/18-2/26/17 - February Break - No School
- 3/2/17 - Read Across America Day!
- 3/2/17 - PTO BINGO Night @ 6-7:30 (Details to follow)
- 3/4/17 - Early Childhood Registration Day (Preschool & Kindergarten) @ 9:30-11 a.m.
- 3/8/17 - Early Release Day (Preschool @ 11:30 & K-Grade 5 @ 12:00)
- 3/10/17 - K-Grade 5 Grades Close
- 3/17/17 - K-Grade Report Cards Sent Home
- 3/23/17 - Little Einstein's Science EXPO Fair @ 6-7:30
- 3/30/17 - O'Connor Studios Spring Photos & Grade 5 Panoramic Photo
- 4/4/17 - Matt Tavares, Author Visit http://www.matttavares.com/
- 4/5/17 - Early Release Day (Preschool @ 11:30 & K-Grade 5 @ 12:00)
- 4/7-4/13/17 - Spring Scholastic Book Fair
- 4/14-4/23/17 - April Vacation
- 5/1-5/5/17 - Staff Appreciation Week
- 5/9/17 - No School - Staff Professional Development Day
- 5/19/17 - Kindergarten Celebration (Half-Day @ 9:30 & Full-Day @ 1:30 - Details to follow)
- 5/26/17 - Early Release Day (Preschool @ 11:30 & K-Grade 5 @ 12:00)
- 5/29/17 - Memorial Day - No School
- 6/2/17 - Field Day
- 6/7/17 - Early Release Day (Preschool @ 11:30 & K-Grade 5 @ 12:00)
- 6/8/17 - Field Day (Rain Date)
- 6/16/16 - 5th Grade Moving On Ceremony
- 6/20/17 - Tentative Last Day of School
TES will administer the Next-Generation MCAS in Spring 2017. Details to follow.http://www.doe.mass.edu/mcas/nextgen/default.html
Grade 3: April 25-27 ELA
Grade 4: April 10 -12 ELA
Grade 5: April 3, 6 &7 ELA
Grade 3: May 1,2 Math
Grade 4: May 4,5 Math
Grade 5: May 11,12 Math
Grade 5 MCAS Science: May 16,17
These are tentative dates and are subject to change. There are a total of 3 ELA sections and 2 math sections for each grade level. There are 2 Science MCAS tests as well.
Please consider supporting our amazing community groups.
Getting Ready for Jump Rope for Heart!
Let's Start Jumping to Keep our Hearts Pumping!