The population is 6,695,166 as of 2014
2) During 1637 King Surinyavongsa comes t throne, ruling for more than fifty years.
3) In 1945 Japan occupies Laos during the second half of World War 2, after which France gets control of the area.
4) In 1949 France acknowledges Laos as an independent state under the French Union.
People and Places
2) Most of the country is full of mountains, especially in the north and northeast.
3) The official language of the country is Lao, that is used in government and schools.
4) Almost two-thirds of the population of Laos is Buddhist.
2) Pi Mai, the Lao New Year holiday, is celebrated over three days in the middle of April.
3)Lao food is hot and spicy and usually served with lots of sticky rice.
4) The Lao have large, close-knit families, with three generations often living together.
2) In the countryside, people usually walk or ride bikes or motorbikes to get around.
3) The money used in Laos is called kip, the money from the USA is also widely accepted.
4) The country's roads are not well developed, but new roads in the country are being built.
2) Just like in the US people download music to their cellphones.
3) Karaoke is so popular they play it on buses that are taking long trips.