Friday March 19th, 2021
Sato Elementary School
3/22-3/26 - Spring Break
3/29-3/31 - Teacher Work Days, no school for students
Weds. 3/31 - K-2 Hybrid Lanyard Pick Up 9:30-12:00
Weds. 3/31 - Kinder CDL supply Pick Up 12:00-1:00
Thurs. 4/1 - Regular CDL schedule for K-5
Fri. 4/2 - Regular CDL schedule for K-5
Mon. 4/5 - Kinder, 1st and 2nd Hybrid Start date
Thurs. 4/8 - 3rd, 4th and 5th Hybrid Start date
Fri. 4/16 - Grading Day, no school for students
Wed. 4/28 - Professional Development Day, no school for students
Information for Families signed up for Hybrid
Important Information from Nutrition Services
The start of In-Person Hybrid Instruction is right around the corner, and our Nutrition Services department has been hard at work developing a plan for how to continue to provide free meals for all children during both Hybrid and CDL. The USDA has provided waivers for the rest of the school year that allow any child (ages 1-18) to access free meals.
Starting April 5, meal service via bus routes will be discontinued.
If you attend Hybrid Elementary School:
● Hybrid students can receive a free daily meal bag to take home.
● Two days of meals will be sent home on Tuesday.
● No registration is required.
If you attend CDL or are a non-enrolled community child:
● All CDL students and children not enrolled in the Beaverton School District can access a free 5-Day Meal Bag every Wednesday from 11am-12pm.
● Meal bags include 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, and 5 supper snacks. Only children aged 4 and older are eligible for supper snacks.
● Families can select a school to pick up these meals in the Meal Bag Registration Form.
● Registration is strongly encouraged.
● Children do not need to be present to pick-up meal bags.
● Masks are required to be worn by anyone picking up meal bags.
To register for 5-Day Meal Bags and for the most up-to-date information, please visit: www.beaverton.k12.or.us/meals
Sato Loves to Read
Sato Library News
- New library schedule begins the week of April 5
- Book and bundle requests for students in Hybrid Learning will be delivered to their classrooms daily
- Curbside checkout will be held Fridays 2:45-3:45
- A NEW Sato Book Bus will run Wednesday mornings beginning April 7. Schedule coming soon!
- Book and bundle requests placed by 2:00 pm will be available the following day
- Books will be quarantined 24 hours before check in. Students with an excessive number of overdue items may be blocked from checking out additional materials until overdue books are returned.
- For all the latest library news and information, check out Sato Library to Go
Cedar Mill and Bethany Library presents the March Wiser Kids K-5 Newsletter
You can subscribe here.
March's issue features:
Parent Information Series: Join us for one or all of our virtual parenting series on Zoom. All sessions are free, but registration is required. Upcoming workshops include Supporting Dual Language Learners on March 16 and Positive Parenting to Create a Happy Home on April 1.
NEW and NOTABLE Titles for All Ages and Across All Formats: Find what's available now, including graphic novels and early readers.
If You Liked Narwhal by Ben Clanton: Short, fun and easy to read graphic novels-perfect for 2nd-4th grade.
Rockstar Readers Book Club - An online monthly book discussion for grades 3-5 that explores books from various genres with an emphasis on diverse stories.
Distance Learning Resources: Your libraries are ready to support parents, teachers and other caregivers with resources for distance learning. Find live tutoring, homework help, online reference materials, e-books, writing help and much more for all grades in both English and Spanish.
Virtual Read to the Dogs program for beginning or struggling readers with DoveLewis Canine Therapy Team!
Calling all 2021-22 Kindergartners!!! It's time to Register!!
Do you have a Sato sibling ready to start Kindergarten? Do you have neighbors or family friends with pre-school aged children ready to start Kinder next year!!
To Register for Kindergarten Visit: https://www.beaverton.k12.or.us/departments/enrollment/kindergarten
For more information email: email@example.com
How can we help?
Also, please don't hesitate to contact Laurie White our school counselor with needs that will help your your family. All requests for assistance are confidential and we will do our best to help your family.