April 29, 2016
Smith Staff will collaborate to inspire and connect to each child by knowing every name and need to ensure success.
Teacher Appreciation Week!!
May 2- School Spirit Night at Fuzzy's Taco
May 4- May the 4th be with You, Walk to School Day
May 5- Mother's Day tea- 4th grade
Drama Club Presents: The Reluctant Dragon
5th grade collaborating together in music
May 9, 10, 11th - No Visitors to Campus - STAAR Days
Upcoming STAAR test information. Third, Fourth and Fifth grade students will be taking the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) tests on May 9-11, 2016.
May 9—3rd grade and 4th grade Math STAAR, 5th grade retest of Math
May 10-3rd grade and 4th grade Reading STAAR, 5th grade retest of Reading
May 11-5th grade Science STAAR
There are several things that you can do to help your child be successful on this test.
· Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep the night before the test.
· Prepare a healthy breakfast for your child on the morning of the test.
· Have your child arrive at school on time that morning to avoid feeling rushed.
· Provide your child with a non-messy snack to eat during testing.
· Do not schedule any medical appointments for your child on test day.
· Please do not plan to eat lunch with your child on test day.
· Finally, send your child to school with a hug and words of encouragement.
Please note, cell phones are not allowed in the classroom during testing. Thank you for your support in preparing your son or daughter for the STAAR test. Please contact me if you have any questions.