🔴 ⚫ 🔴 Elk Announcements & Information 🔴 ⚫ 🔴
Gifted and Talented Referrals
Notice to Parents:
The Burleson Independent School District will be accepting referrals for testing for gifted and talented services January 7-January 31, 2020. Gifted & Talented Services are designed to serve the unique educational needs of academically gifted students. These students perform or have the potential to perform at a remarkably high level, beyond the performance of their peers. Approximately 3-5% of the population is gifted. The full referral notice and parent forms can be found here: BISD Gifted and Talented Education .
Aviso a los padres:
El Distrito Escolar Independiente de Burleson aceptará referencias para pruebas de servicios para dotados y talentosos del 7 de enero al 31 de enero de 2020. Los servicios para alumnos dotados y talentosos están diseñados para satisfacer las necesidades educativas únicas de los estudiantes académicamente dotados. Estos estudiantes se desempeñan o tienen el potencial de desempeñarse a un nivel notablemente alto, más allá del desempeño de sus compañeros. Aproximadamente el 3-5% de la población es superdotada. El aviso de referencia completo y los formularios para padres se pueden encontrar aquí: BISD Educación para Dotados y Talentosos.
Need to purchase your Senior Ad or yearbook? Click the button and you will be redirected to our BHS Balfour site.
🔴 ⚫ 🔴 Elk Family Celebrations 🔴 ⚫ 🔴
BISD Film Festival Results
A Day at the Station
Best Overall Group Film, High School
Viewers Choice Award
Anthony Solis won Best Music Video
Relieving the Biggest Sports Moments
Best Action Sports
🔴 ⚫ 🔴 College & Career Ready Elks 🔴 ⚫ 🔴
2/27/20 TSI Testing at BHS Sign-up here
3/12/20 TSI Testing at BHS Sign-up here
4/26/20 TSI Testing at BHS Sign-up here
College Scorecard that students and families can use to compare college costs and outcomes
- FAFSA Mobile App - The 2020-2021 FAFSA form is live as of October 1! To promote a fully integrated customer experience, the fafsa.gov website has been synchronized with the myStudentAid mobile app's myFAFSA component, allowing customers to switch easily between the online FAFSA form and the myStudentAid mobile app, picking up where they left off in the other platforms.
- Six Things to do After Completing FAFSA
- Six Things to do After Completing FAFSA in Spanish
- Weisinger Law Firm Deadline: May 31
- BISD Scholarships
- NEW Local Burleson Area Scholarships
This link will take you to a pdf of all the scholarships that the district has information on. They are all organized by due date. The ones highlighted in teal are local scholarships.
I know searching for scholarships can get overwhelming. Start by exploring the pdf and to making a list of the ones you potentially qualify for and then make a schedule or set a goal to complete a certain number of applications a week. Some students try to do one a week and some try to do more; it kind of depends on the types of scholarships they are filling out.
Make sure you check the College & Career Twitter page for new scholarships!
- Complete FAFSA
- Send SAT/ACT to colleges
- Apply to at least 3 colleges (most deadlines are before Thanksgiving)
- Send transcripts to colleges (link here)
- Begin applying for Scholarships (ideally, 4-5 per week)
- Sign up to take SAT/ACT in fall 2019 or spring 2020
- Take SAT/ACT again over summer and/or Aug./Sept. of senior year
- Identify at least 5 colleges where you’d want to apply and figure out admission requirements
National Honor Society
- 2/5/20 February Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
- 2/21/20 2020-2021 Officer Applications Due
- 3/4/20 March Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
- 3/13/20 Senior Scholarship Applications Due
- 4/1/20 April Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
- 4/14/20 NHS Induction
- 4/17/20 Powder Puff Applications Due
Don’t forget to check with Ms. Essex about PASS dates.