How Can I Find More Books?
~Strategies to Access Digital Resources 24/7~
~Search for Digital E-Books & Audio Books~
Explore these links to help you find a DIGITAL book to read or listen to!
- Audible Audiobooks-Includes some popular titles to listen to and no sign in is required. Available for free as long as schools are not in session.
- Recorded Books: (RB Digital) Audiobooks-Students and teachers can visit the Connecticut state library collection to register for a free account. This resource will ask you to create a username and password just so you can save your place in the audiobook and check it out. Enter the access code: ctstatelib20
- Abdo Digital eBooks-thousands of eBooks, no sign in required, most non-fiction, many science and social studies, three different levels of books. Available through the end of June for free access.
- Big Timber Media-Free eBook collections by grade levels-mostly non-fiction.
Available through the end of June for free access.
- EPIC! Read Children's Books Online-Parents can sign up for a free trial
- Free Classics Online-From the Library of Congress(LOC) See also, Teen Reads.
- Saxe Library E-Book Collections from our Destiny Library Online Catalog-
View the three collections below. To check out a book, don't forget to log into your Destiny Account. You can open up these books on any device that has access to the Internet and Destiny. In order to save your digital place in one of the E-Books, log into your library account and check the book out. Log into Destiny HERE.
Forgot how to log-in to Destiny? CLICK HERE to review your skills.
Destiny: Fiction E-Books
Destiny: Non-Fiction E-Books
Destiny: Digital Audiobooks
- New Canaan Library-Digital Library-Open the digital library webpage. Next, select a digital subscription(Overdrive, Hoopla, etc) Lastly, enter your public library card number. Don't have one? Click here to sign up. Children under 18 must have guardian information on application.
- Internet Archive OPEN Library-provides a Student Library, with thousands of ebooks organized by reading level available for K-12. Includes literature, nonfiction and multi-media. Parents can sign up for a free account
Children's Books/Author Resources and Teen Books/Author Resources
Teachingbooks.net has a Free Reader's Advisory for students to search for more book titles to read. Some sources are available in Spanish. No sign in required.
Tumble Book Digital Libraries~Available Through August
TumbleBookLibrary - K-6 children's ebook database
TumbleMath - K-6 math ebook database
TeenBookCloud - gr 7-12 ebook database