HSE Tiger Tribune
January 4th - January 7th
HSE Re-Enrollment Begins Tuesday, January 4th
Enrollment ends on January 28th - unenrolled students will then be placed back into the lottery.
Click here for instructions on how to re-enroll using Skyward: https://tinyurl.com/HowtoRe-EnrollinSkyward
Questions? Email email@example.com
HSE Spring 2022 After-School Clubs are open for registration
Follow these steps carefully...students not registered correctly will not be enrolled in their clubs.
- Read the Clubs Manual to find the clubs you are interested in by clicking here: https://tinyurl.com/Spring22ClubsManual
- Register for clubs here: tinyurl.com/HSESpring22ClubsRegistration (do not pay until you register!)
- Pay for the clubs here: tinyurl.com/HSEClubPayments (Need a little help? Click for the Fee Waiver Request Form: https://tinyurl.com/HSEFeeWaiverForm)
Only register students in clubs for their grade level
Club space is limited on a first come, first served basis
Contact the club advisor with specific club questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org with general clubs/teams questions
Baseball Tryouts on the Fence Due to Rain
Questions? Email email@example.com
HSE Baseball Tryouts
Saturday, January 8th
West Little York Fields/Bane Park
Bring Baseball Glove/water/athletic clothes
Box Tops Competition Begins!
Click on the links for more information
Spinal screenings during the week of Jan 10th – 13th.
State law requires that schools must visually screen students for abnormal spinal curvature in accordance with the below schedule. All students are screened by grade and gender by a non-invasive visual examination of their spine.
Biological Females in grades 5 and 7, or girls who are ages 10 and 12
Biological Males in grade 8, or boys who are ages 13 or 14.
- January 4th - 28th: Open Enrollment!
- Tuesday, January 4th - Friday, January 14th: Harmony After-School Academy (HASA) Spring Clubs registration open
- Friday, January 7th: Spirit Shirt Day!
- Saturday, January 8th: Baseball tryouts | 4th-8th Grade (tentative)
- Friday, January 14th: No school
- Monday, January 17th: No school
- Tuesday, January 18th: 1st day of clubs
- Wednesday, January 19th: Wear Your Tiger Pride Day (wear team/club shirts with uniform bottoms)
Add this to your phone to stay up to date on all of our HSE events
Free Tutoring Available to All HSE Students!
Need help? Just login in to Clever in your MyHarmony Portal, then select TutorMe to get started with your first online tutoring session.
Earn Points and Prizes for Hard Work!
Thanksgiving break and Winter breaks are great opportunities for students to use online software and also to read books for the reading challenges!
Click here to learn more about our Incentive Program: https://tinyurl.com/21-22HSEIncentives
Click Here to Purchase Spirit Shirts, HSE Mom Shirts, HSE Staff Shirts
All students age 5 and up are now eligible for the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
Here are some resources if you would like more information.
Visit Harris County Public Health: https://publichealth.harriscountytx.gov/
New Parent Volunteer System
Cool Weather is Coming!
No hooded jackets and sweaters are allowed to be brought to school. Preferably buy the Harmony School jacket.
While waiting on the arrival of Harmony jackets, students may wear a plain, dark colored jacket (black, navy blue, dark gray).
Label your students jacket include full name, grade and section.
Drive Safely - for Your Kid and for Others
- Drive SLOWLY in our parking lot - slow enough that if a kid darts out between cars, you can stop (the 10 seconds you save speeding through isn't worth a life)
- Obey the School Zone speed limits
- Watch the accelerator as you move in pickup lines and especially when exiting our parking lots - we have seen people "lead-foot" it out of our lots and almost hit pedestrians and other cars
- DO NOT park across the street and walk to get your student. There have been very devastating accidents at the Brookhollow intersection - and people coming over the bridge may not see a pedestrian in time to stop
Join Our Team!
Current positions include SpEd, ELA, and Elementary teachers. For job postings and information, go to https://harmonytx.org/careers. To apply for a position, go to https://harmonytx.org/employment-opportunities.
HSE Tardy Policy
Please be reminded that it is the parent’s responsibility to discuss the school’s tardy policy with their child, reinforcing the student’s ability to be responsible for arriving to class on time and most importantly, it is the parent’s responsibility to bring the student to school on time.
Starting Monday, 9/27/2021, parents who bring their children to school after 7:45 a.m. must park their car, enter the building, and sign their child in at the front office.
Families can refer to page 19 of the Student & Parent Handbook for more details. Below are the consequences for multiple tardies:
- 1-3 Verbal warning to parents
- 4-5 Written warning to parents
- 6-9 Conference with parents
- 10+ Parent must meet with principal or designee and submit a letter explaining the reason(s) for the excessive tardiness. Failure to meet this requirement may result in the school filing a case with Child Protective Services.
New Front Office Hours
**2021-2022 HSE Front Office Hours**
M, T, Th, F: 7:45 a.m. - 2:45 p.m. | 4:00- 4:30 p.m.
W: 7:45 am. - 2:00 p.m. | 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
The office and front lobby will be CLOSED during drop-off (7:00-8:00 a.m.) and during dismissal (W: 1:30-3:00p, all other days: 2:30-4:00p)
Parents will not be allowed to wait in the front lobby while the office is closed.
*Late students arriving after 7:45 a.m. must have a parent/guardian sign their student in at the table on the front patio
Harmony Mask Policy
Harmony Mask Policy
- Masks will be required for all persons inside Harmony Public Schools buildings and transportation services (ex. buses). If an individual does not have a mask, one will be provided.
- For students and staff members who are unable to wear a mask, a mask exception form is available in each student and staff member’s Skyward account.
When it comes to masks, there may be no perfect policy for all families. Masks have become one of the more hotly debated issues of our time. The one thing we can all agree on, though, is that we all look forward to a day when no one needs to wear a mask.
In the late spring and early summer, many of us believed that day was close. Unfortunately, it’s not quite here yet. But by working together, we will get there – hopefully soon.
For now, we’re asking for Harmony to mask up. It’s good science, and it’s what is best for kids. Thank you.
Emin Cavusoglu, M. Ed. | Area Superintendent | Houston North