Top TEN News @ Weston
August 24, 2018
1. Textbook Rental & Supply Fees are due by Sept. 15th. Please contact Rene Guzman in our office to schedule payment. email@example.com
2. School Clinic: Do you have medication that your child will take on a regular basis? Please bring this to the office. Students should NOT bring this in their backpacks. Our office is open daily from 7:00-3:00. Do you have immunization records that have been updated? Send to Mrs. Sara Potter. firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Gleaners Food Pantry provides Weston Elementary with a limited number of weekly BackSacks to give to students who may be in need of supplemental food for the weekends. The BackSacks contain items such as individual cereal bowls, canned pasta, juice, crackers, and peanut butter. If you are interested in possible involvement in this program, please contact Mrs. Terry Miller, Weston School Social Worker, @ 317-462-1492 or email@example.com.
4. Picture Day will be on Friday September 7th. See the flyer below for more info.
5. Our Success Groups for 2nd & 3rd grade begin next week. Success groups are a time that we ability group our students into small groups during Reading & Math time. These groups allow us to really focus on your child’s strengths and weaknesses to ensure proper growth. If you have questions about this please contact your child’s teacher. 1st grade begins on Sept. 4th & Kindergarten on Sept. 10th.
6. We would like to welcome Amanda Evans to the Weston Staff. She will be our NEW Library Assistant beginning on Monday! See her picture below.
7. All K-3 students have been issued an iPad for this year. To learn about the expectations please watch this parent info video (approx. 4 minutes long): https://youtu.be/D-YIXbtvcEY iPad Agreement paperwork is attached. If you haven’t signed both pages yet please do so and return to school.
8. Our first GCSC E-Learning Day for all K-12 students will be on September the 26th. On these days students can bring their electronic devices home to complete lessons/assignments created by their teachers. During that time teachers will be participating in Professional Development. More information to come.
9. We are needing two parent volunteers for Wednesday, September 12th starting at 8am. These volunteers are needed for the vision screens. Contact our office if you are available.
10. If your child is need of a pair of shoes please contact Mrs. Terry Miller, Weston Social Worker. You can call our office at (317) 462-1492 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have sizes 11-3 available and can request other sizes if needed (including adult). These were donated to us by Changing Footprints.