By: Zahra Hameed
Preparation of Air layering bags
2) Fill bags 3/4
3) Tie the bags closed using the twine. Leave a 6" “tail” at the short end of the twine. Coil the twine around each bag
4) Add a root hormone
2) Using the knife, scrape the branch lightly in the area where the bark has been removed, be careful in order to prevent bridging
Applying the bag to the branch
The bottom of the bag should begin at the bottom of the girdled area and extend completely over the area of the branch where the rooting hormone was applied.
2) Close the air-layering bag by overlapping the cut sides of the plastic bag and wrapping the twine around the bag in a spiral.
3) Tie the bag closed using the end of the twine and the “tail” of twine at the top of the bag
2) Face shiny side in warm/hot temperatures and dull side in cold/freezing temperatures
3) Place date on the foil