Our Sunday School Class
Where we love the sinner, hate the sin, and seek His kingdom
Prayer Requests March 24, 2013
- Belle and her family ~ She is home. Therapy begins this week.
- Carman - girls at school
- Kim - wisdom at work, time management, Joe and Jess may bid on a house this week; Katie Zaken, sister, moving to Florida, pray for peace and guidance
- Ed - selling house in RH, priorities
- Cindy - school issues, Brooke turns 16 Tuesday, her injuries, family coming to town Monday - Wednesday
- Emily - Chris meeting with Hannah and attorneys tomorrow morning to set visitation schedule. Pray Chris will speak up.
- Don - still looking for work
Notes From Today's Lesson (my version...feel free to disagree or correct me)
FEAR OF THE LORD IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM
Proverbs 1:1-6. The purpose of this book. God is God. It doesn't matter what we believe, think, feel, or assume. It is only when we submit to Him, that wisdom comes. A person can't learn until they acknowledge they don't know.
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Song of Solomon 6:3
Symbolism of God's relationship with us as well as our relationship with our spouse. Wisdom of the Bible points us to right spiritual relationships with each other and right relationships with God.
Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, And said,
Naked came I out of my mother's womb,
and naked shall I return thither:
the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away;
blessed be the name of the Lord.
In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.
job is saying this is horrible, but this is God. God is God. He was God yesterday. He is God today. And he'll be God tomorrow. Who am I that I should question God? Verse 22 Job didn't sin, he didn't blame God.
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:Fear God, and keep his commandments:for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
What is the source of our wisdom? The fear of The Lord.
Next Week's Lesson Outline
- Volunteers needed to help with Everything Trucks during Come See Me. Contact Tammyw@fbcrockhill.org
- March 29 - church office closed
- March 31. Easter Sunday; regular Sunday School. John Elefante from Kansas "Wayward Son"
- April 1-5 ~ church building closed for cleaning, church office OPEN
- April 7 ~ lunch together then shopping for the CAH project
- April 13 ~ work day at Camp La Vida (White Oak)
- April 27, Service project at Children's Attention Home
- Dec. 14 Soup Kitchen