Silver Creek Chronicle
Week of September 13th, 2021
From Mrs. Flemming
If you haven't already seen the Facebook posts from our exciting day on Friday please do so! We loved having our AHS Football players helping out in the morning, celebrating August and September birthdays with the PTO, and house day celebration with popsicles and games. A special shout out to Ms. Terrett for all of her hard work on our very first ticket event!
Monday we ask that your student wears red, white and blue as we celebrate our first responders with a drive through breakfast.
Thursday is picture day and one of my favorite days of the year! Seeing your little one all dressed up is just the best! No money will be due that day. Parents will be sent an email with their student’s proof image to view in about two weeks with a code allowing them to view, select their background and purchase portrait packages online. All packages will be shipped directly to your home!
- STUCO is hosting its first hat day! All students and staff may pay $1.00 to wear a hat on this day. A booth will be set up in the skylight Friday morning from 7:15-7:45. Anyone wanting to wear a hat please stop by and pay your dollar.
- Fundraiser update: This is the last week of our fundraiser and your kiddos have done a fantastic job this year. If you have any money and orders to turn that were not made online please have your student bring it to their teacher this Friday!
As always, please reach out with any questions!
- Mrs. Flemming
Principal, Silver Creek Elementary
Grade Level Weekly Newsletters
Please click on the grade level buttons below to see what your SC Camper is learning this week. (TIP: scroll to see more in each link!)
Please make sure you are monitoring your student for any signs of illness and keeping them home if necessary. We appreciate all of you for helping to keep Silver Creek healthy! Remote Conferencing information can be found by CLICKING HERE.
Changes at Silver Creek:
- Lunch visitors will not be permitted from 8/30 thru 9/17
- Grandparent's day will be postponed (see details below)
- First Responder's Day will be a drive through breakfast
- Any meeting longer than 15 minutes will be held virtually
Menus for the Week
Snacks available for additional cost M-F for 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades and Fridays for K and 1st.
Silver Creek PTO
How to use AmazonSmile on a web browser:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with the same account you use for Amazon.com
- Select your charity
- Start shopping! Remember to checkout at smile.amazon.com to generate donations for your chosen charity.
Tip: Add a bookmark to make it easier to shop at smile.amazon.com.
How to use AmazonSmile using the Amazon app on your mobile phone:
- Open the Amazon Shopping app
- Navigate to the main menu (=)
- Tap on Settings and then select “AmazonSmile”
- Select your charity and then follow the on-screen instructions to turn ON AmazonSmile in the mobile app
- Once AmazonSmile has been activated in your app, future eligible app purchases will generate a donation for the charity you have selected.
Note: The tablet app is not yet supported. Please visit smile.amazon.com/onthego to learn more.
- September 13: First Responders Day Drive Thru
- September 16: Picture day!
- September 17: Fundraiser Ends
- September 24: Progress Report 2 Issued
- September 27: TRRFCC Ticket Store during WIN time this week
- September 27: PTO Meeting in the Library @ 4:30
October 5: Fundraiser Delivery
October 11- Student HOLIDAY
October 12 - Student HOLIDAY - Staff Development
October 13: Success Rally and House Dress Day
October 15: Report Card Issued
October 25: 50th Day of School
October 25: PTO Meeting in the Library @ 4:30
October 25-299: Red Ribbon Week
October 27: Picture Make-Up Day
October 28: Pajama Jam - Literacy Night (5:00-7:00PM)
- November 5: Progress report Issued
- November 8-12: Book Fair!
- November 9: Thanksgiving Lunch for last names (A-L)
- November 10: Thanksgiving Lunch for last names (M-Z)
- November 11: Veteran's Day Parade
- November 12: TRRFCC Ticket Event and House Dress Day
- November 22-26: Thanksgiving Break - No School
- November 29: Student HOLIDAY - Staff Development
- November 29: Progress Report Issued
- November 30: TRRFCC Ticket Store this Week
- December 6: PTO Meeting in the Library @ 4:30
- December 15: Success Rally and House Dress Day!
- December 16: 3rd Grade Winter Performance
- December 17: Class Holiday Parties (9:00-10:00AM)
**DATES AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!**