Women Heart Disease Awareness
#1 cause of death in the US
* About 600,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year, or 1 in 4 deaths
* About 715,000 Americans have a heart attack each year with about 525,000 of them a first heart attack
* Coronary heart disease caused by clogged arteries is the most common form of heart disease, killing more than 385,000 people annually
* Coronary heart disease costs the United States $108.9 billion each year in health care services, medicines, and lost productivity.
* Health factors that increase the risk of heart disease include: high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, obesity, smoking, excessive alcohol use, lack of physical activity
Some side affects
If heart disease runs in your family you could get it too ♡
what you can you do
- To stabilize blood pressure and cholesterol levels and to keep your weight in check, try to eat more fruits, vegetables, and grains and fewer foods that are salty, high in fat, or fried.
- Exercise regularly (at least three to four times a week for 30 minutes at a time) in order to tone your heart and blood vessels -- and to shed excess pounds.
- Drink alcohol in moderation, if you drink.
- Don't smoke.
- Learn to control stress rather than letting it control you.
- If you feel you are at risk, ask your doctor about taking an aspirin a day to prevent heart attack.