The Weekly Knot
Vol.4 Issue 34
Poem in your Pocket Day!
- Reading poems with other grade levels or other classes in your grade!
- Request administrators or other teachers to come and read a poem with your class!
- Stop someone in the hall and share your poem!
- Write a poem in chalk outside to share with the community!
Poem in your Pocket Activities:
- Draw a picture to go with the pocket poems!
- Create a drawing that expresses the feeling of your poem!
Helpful Tips for Poem in your Pocket Week:
- Ask us for templates for acrostics, haiku, diamonte, and others that students could create in the classroom.
- Ask if you want poem templates or poetry activity cards.
Teacher Week Schedule
A Week-Media Schedule
Monday, April 30th
Poem in your Pocket Day!
Congratulations Ms. Murray!!!
Tuesday, May 1st
Fifth Annual National College Signing Day, support by:
- Wear the T-shirt or sweatshirt of the college you/ your child/ loved one attended!
- Take a photo and post it on social media: #PGCPSCollegeSigningDay
- Upload photo's into Felegy's College Signing Day Google Folder
Wednesday, May 2nd
Affirmation Circle, 7:10 in front of the Art Room
- Serenade I 8:00-8:45a
- Serenade II 9:00-9:45a
Faculty Meeting (End of year procedures)
Thursday, May 3rd
- Cantalina I 8:00-8:45a
- Cantalina II 9:00-9:45a
Friday, May 4thPAYDAY!!!
Greetings Team Felegy and see below for helpful information:
1) Click on the Edward M. Felegy teacher page for information about how you can log into the library catalog, find helpful online resources and more. https://sites.google.com/a/pgcps.org/felegy-media-center/resources-for-teachers
2) Book Displays in the Library Media Center (various reading levels):
Earth Day and Environmental Awareness: April
National Library Month: April
International Dance Day: April 29th
Asian Pacific American Heritage Month: May
Jewish American Heritage Month: May
Cinco de Mayo: May 5th
3) Need help with research? : If you'd like help supporting our students with their research projects through our library collection and resources contact me and we can collaborate together. Looking forward to working with you!
4) See below for information on accessing your account in Destiny. Students and staff can access this catalog from anywhere 24/7.
Accessing our Library Media Center Online Catalog
1) Click on: http://destiny.pgcps.org/
2) Pick our school by clicking link & scrolling down: Elementary - Edward M Felegy
3) Log into system: Use the same user ID & password as you do for your PGCPS e-mail
4) You will see Home and Catalog Tabs
- Home Tab: Offers Online resources, Ebooks, and Teacher Resources
- Catalog Tab: Search for books that we have in the Media Center, see if they are available and check your account.
5) Media Center Schedule: https://sites.google.com/a/pgcps.org/felegy-media-center/media-class-schedule
Any questions? Stop by the Media Center to chat or e-mail me at Anya.AraxMelnick@pgcps.org.