August 2016 Back to School Edition
From the Desk of Dr. Steggall, CCR3 Superintendent
I want to welcome our students, staff, parents, and community members to the 2016-2017 school year! I am excited to join the CCR3 team and look forward to partnering with you in your child’s education.
Our staff has done a phenomenal job getting our schools ready for the new year. There are great things happening in our schools on a daily basis and I intend to showcase these on social media. Please find time to get signed up on Schoolway so you can stay connected to CCR3 and your child's classroom, clubs, and activities. We will also be introducing a new website this school year. Our goal is to keep you up-to-date on events and information about our district. I'm looking forward to meeting each and every one of you!
Have a wonderful school year! Go Tigers!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES!
6th Grade: August 3 from 8:00am-3:00pm
7th Grade: August 4 from 8:00am-3:00pm
8th Grade: August 5 from 8:00am-3:00pm
11th and 12th grade: August 8 from 8am-4pm
9th and 10th grade: August 9 from 8am-4pm
ALL GRADES: August 10 from 1:00pm-7:00pm
**Ellis Elementary has open enrollment. Students NEW to the district may enroll at the Ellis office from 7:45am-3:45pm Monday thru Friday.
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT! MONDAY, AUGUST 15, 2016
- Ellis: 4:30-5:30pm
- MS: 5:30-6:30pm
- HS: 5:30-6:30pm
- 6th Grade Orientation 5:00-5:30pm (PAC)
- 9th Grade Orientation 5:30-6:00pm (PAC)
- Technology Overview 6:00-6:30pm (PAC)
- Check out clubs/activities/sports opportunities 6:30-7:00 (HS Commons)
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL is Wednesday, AUGUST 17, 2016.
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT! MONDAY AUGUST 15, 2016
Meet Mr. Tolbert, Activities Director
I’m looking forward to my new role as the Activities Director. I am a native of Garden City, KS, and beginning my 26th year in education. I graduated from Kansas Wesleyan University and earned my Master’s Degree from Webster University. I taught previously at Van Horn High School in Independence where I served as a Social Studies teacher as well as Head Football and Wrestling Coach. My wife, Misty and I have 4 daughters with the youngest, Macalee, starting 9th grade at PHS this fall. I’m looking forward to working with all of our students to ensure they are engaged both academically and also with extracurricular activities.
What are the school hours for 2016-17?
- Ellis: 8:20am-3:10pm
- MS: 8:15am-3:20pm
- HS: 8:15am-3:20pm
Who do I contact regarding bus routes and transportation?
- The Director of Transportation will notify parents of new students and kindergartners of their bus route a few days prior to the first day of school. Unless otherwise notified, bus routes will remain the same as previous years. For questions, contact the Director of Transportation at 816-539-3333.
Where do I pay my child's lunch money?
- Lunch money can be paid by cash or check at any building office. At Ellis, classroom teachers collect lunch money. Lunch balances can be tracked on the PowerSchool app.
What are the building phone numbers?
- Ellis Elementary: 816-539-2187
- CCMS: 816-539-3920
- PHS: 816-539-2184
- Central Office: 816-539-2183
Who are the building secretaries?
- Karrie Richerson, Ellis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Robin Marston, CCMS (email@example.com)
- Andie Stephens. PHS (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If my child is absent, do I need to notify the school?
- Yes! Always notify the building secretary of absences. Good attendance is essential to your student's success.
From the Desk of Brandon Burns, Technology Director
The technology department has been busy this summer. They have created our new website, www.ccr3.k12.mo.us. and made preparations for our students to go 1:1 in grades 4-12. Below is a list of required forms that will need to be completed before students are able to use the device. High school students will be allowed to take the device home after all forms have been returned.
1. Clinton County R-3 Acceptable Use Policy-All students & parents
2. 16-17 Web Consent Form-All students & parents
3. 16-17 Chromebook Insurance Signup Form-HS (mandatory), MS (optional)
4. 16-17 Chromebook user agreement - HS & MS Only
STAY CONNECTED! Sign up for Schoolway Now!
• You can subscribe to the channels that interest you.
• You can choose the buildings in which you would like to receive updates.
• Keep extended family in the loop. Anyone can download the district app!
If you need assistance, contact SCHOOLWAY directly. Phone: 1-866-515-6783 or email@example.com
1. Download the app, Choose Clinton County R-III
2. Subscribe to Plattsburg High School, Ellis Elementary, and/or Clinton County Middle School.
3. Choose your favorite channels (i.e. If your son is a member of STUCO and your daughter is a basketball player, you can set STUCO and BASKETBALL as your favorite channels).
GET YOUR 2016-17 ACTIVITY PASS NOW!
Tiger Nation Spirit Store
From the Desk of Mrs. Turner, Ellis Principal
Welcome to the Ellis Elementary! At Ellis Elementary we work together with families to guide students on pathways of academic, social, and emotional learning. Using a school-wide PBS (Positive Behavior Support) system we help foster positive behaviors in our students. This year we will begin teaching lessons based on Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. The habits will be taught using kid friendly lessons titled The 7 Habits of Happy Kids. The habits help teach students to become leaders of their own lives and to recognize their limitless possibilities.
Our Ellis Family has grown with the addition of five new teachers. Keeley Brunner will be teaching kindergarten, Jessica Utt will be teaching 2nd grade, Stephanie Goode will be teaching 5th grade, Sarah Thomas will be our new music teacher, and Dawn Mericle will be serving as our Title 1 Math Teacher. They are all eager to begin their new journey in Plattsburg and will do an outstanding job with your children.
We look forward to seeing you at Back to School Night!
From the Desk of Mrs. Kirkendoll, CCMS Principal
I am very excited to be back at the Middle School! I'll give you a little information about myself. This is my 13th year in this fine district. My husband, John, and I live in Lawson and our 23 year old son, Tyler, just graduated from the University of Central Missouri and began his career as a safety engineer. My husband is an aircraft mechanic at Whiteman AF Base in Knob Noster. We enjoy camping, fishing, riding dirt bikes and attending Kansas State football games. I have previously taught special education, middle school math and reading. During the past four years I have served as the district's Special Services Director and last year I enjoyed being the assistant principal at the high school. I look forward meeting all of you in the next few weeks.