Grobe's Groovin' Group News
Week of March 25-29
Snacks, Snacks, EVERYWHERE & ALL DAY LONG
- No backpacks
- If not buying a lunch- bring lunch
- water bottle
- If your child must bring a cell phone- it will be collected that day and returned before leaving school. (my cell will also be collected)
- We will have a closed campus, so no visitors or volunteers
- No snack on these days (our lunch will be earlier @ 11:00)
- PLEASE have your students at school at 7:45 if not eating a cafeteria breakfast
- If eating a cafeteria breakfast have them here no later than 7:30
And just for your added information, I will not have my MacBook on these days so I will not be able to return any emails throughout the day, as well.
Working together to solve each "pit stop's" mysteries!
Crisana and Nathan working on making inferences.
More inference skills being targeted by Megan and Liberty.
The Houston Pit Stop
Students were given a short paragraph and they were asked to infer what was happening. They then had to reenact the scene.
Learning From Your Peers
I love the team work and group participation that Road Trip has created!
What's Happening @ McGowen?
Dates, Events, and This Week's Objectives
Wednesday: Report Cards Published
Friday: NO SCHOOL! (Bad Weather Day)
STAAR "Celebration" Days:
April 2 & 3: Writing
April 23: Math
April 24: Reading
Reading: I will review and use Latin and Greek roots, context clues, multiple meaning words, and prefixes and suffixes as I work on Road Trip and read short fiction texts.
Social Studies: I will learn about the new government of Texas after the victory at San Jacinto.