Inspire Family Newsletter
News and updates for families of Inspire students
May 27, 2021
Dear Inspire Families,
As school comes to a close, I am filled with gratitude for our students, who learned to stay strong and keep learning despite enormous obstacles; our parents who partnered with us and became home-school teachers overnight; our teachers, who kept student support front and center no matter what; our staff, who tackled complicated logistics without complaint; and our Inspire community, who proved that we are strong, united, and resilient together.
My hope is that this summer we can rest, remember what's important, and connect with friends and family. Whatever happens next year, we'll be ready for it.
As always, don't hesitate to reach out. I'm not going anywhere, and I so appreciate your partnership!
With gratitude and hope,
Inspire School of Arts and Sciences
Inspire School Plans for 2021-22
1) 2021 -22 School Calendar and Schedule - We are planning to return on Monday, August 9 full time, in person, and five days a week. You can access the school calendar here and the daily schedule here.
2) COVID-19 Protocols and Processes - Keep in mind, the guidelines are constantly changing. Here's what we know now!
- Masking will continue to be required for staff and students.
- Enhanced ventilation in classrooms.
- 3' minimum social distancing.
- Ten-day quarantine for students who test positive for COVID, or have had close contact with someone who has tested positive.
- COVID vaccination strongly encouraged for students and staff.
3) Academic, Social, and Emotional Support - We know that students have been negatively impacted by the pandemic, and we plan to have supports in place for next year, including:
- Increased counseling services
- In-class tutors
- Lunch and after-school interventions
- Social-emotional learning in Advisories
If you missed the Parent/Guardian Information Meeting, you can view it by clicking the link here and entering the Passcode: Z$8KHx7u.
Summer School Offered for June 14 - July 14
Inspire School of Arts and Sciences' online summer school program will be offered through a hybrid learning model: Students complete work online via Edgenuity, but attend school in-person. Inspire will be offering a four-week Summer School Session from June 14 through July 14 from 8:00 to noon each day. Students will come to campus daily, log into Edgenuity, and complete the work with support from an Inspire teacher.
If your child is in need of credit recovery and you are interested in enrolling them in summer school, please contact their counselor for more information:
Last Name A-K: Tasha Teeter email@example.com
Last Name L-Z: Marcus Hopkins@inspirechico.org
Don't Forget to Enroll Your Incoming Inspire Students
Materials Due Tomorrow! 5/28/21
Please remind your student to return all school materials they are not currently using (text books, computers, chrome books, etc.) to the Main Office at their earliest opportunity as to avoid fines.
ALL materials should be returned to the school by the end of the school year (5/28/21)
Heads up Senior guardians, unreturned materials will inhibit your student from participating in Graduation activities.
Inspire is pleased to announce that we will be honoring our 2021 Inspire graduates with a Drive-In Graduation at the Silver Dollar Fairgrounds on Tuesday, June 1 at 7:30 p.m.
Families can attend in their own vehicles and enjoy a celebration of our Seniors' accomplishments with a virtual ceremony on the big screen. Students will have the opportunity to receive their diplomas in person, with a walk across the stage. We are also planning opportunities for families to take photos of their seniors with diplomas.
For questions, contact Becky Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Grad Night, TONIGHT!
This event is FREE and for Inspire seniors ONLY.
Please Register HERE.
If you have purchased a book then pick up times in front of IC-1 are as follows:
- Thursday 12:15-1
- Friday 8:00-8:20
- Can't make these times? They will be available in the office during normal business hours starting Friday at noon.
- Seniors who have purchased a book: You can pick yours up after returning your signed senior checkout list.
If you have not purchased a book there are a few left, they are $90 check or cash (exact amount: we won't have change). The remaining books will be sold on a first come first served basis.
Questions? email email@example.com
Alice in Wonderland
Twinkle twinkle little bat, how we’re wondering where you’re at this summer! June 15th through the 19th, Inspire School of Arts & Sciences ecstatically invites you to a most fantastical adventure. Based on the book by Lewis Carroll, a student-written, twirly whirly production of Alice in Wonderland! In the works since September 2020, this abstract fantasy world has been cunningly concocted to fanciful perfection and we are ready for you to experience the adventure with us.
Blankets are $40 for 1-4 people and you can add up to 4 more people for $5 each (8 people total). That's just $7.50 a ticket if you fill your blanket! Help us sell out just 140 spots available.
Purchase tickets and learn more HERE.
Want to help Inspire get a new campus? WE WANT YOU!
firstname.lastname@example.org | 530-999-2882