What you need to know to stay safe online!
Social Media/Internet Safety Tips
- Never give out your address, phone number, school, or parents names without permission or verification of why it is needed.
- Never share your password with anyone.
- Never install programs on your computer without permission.
- Never talk to anyone online that makes you feel uncomfortable. If someone confronts you talk to a parent.
- Never agree to meet an online friend in person, they aren't always who they say they are.
| || || |
- THINK before you post!
- Never create impersonation accounts.
- 16 Million people have had their identity stolen on Instagram, DON'T BE ONE OF THEM!
- THINK before you post or share information.
- Worldwide 20 million people have been victims of identity theft via twitter
- When creating an account don't provide more information than needed.
What should I do if my Identity is stolen?
- Lock down or delete the problem account!
- Contact the local police department to investigate!
- Change your passwords on all accounts!
- Inform people it was not you writing or sharing those things!