REGION 3 SCHOOL SAFETY
December School Safety Update
School Safety Funding Opportunities
- 2022-2024 Silent Panic Alert Technology (SPAT) Allocation Amounts by LEA
- SPAT Grant Application
- Grant Questions Program Contact: Nick Davis email@example.com (737) 308-6086
ESC Sourced Vendor List for SPAT Grant:
- Advanced Systems Alarm Services- https://www.texasalarms.com/residential-security/panic-button
- AMAG Technology- https://www.amag.com/access-control
- Anonymous Alerts- https://www.anonymousalerts.com/
- Centegix- https://www.centegix.com/
- CrisisGo- https://www.crisisgo.com/safety-iresponse
- F24 Silent Alarm- https://f24.com/en/solutions/silent-alarm-for-emergency-management/
- Rapid SOS- https://rapidsos.com/our-latest/how-to-choose-an-alyssas-law-compliant-silent-panic-alarm-system/
- Raptor- https://raptortech.com/raptor-alert/
- RAVE Mobile Safety - https://www.ravemobilesafety.com/
- Silent Beacon- https://silentbeacon.com/
- StopitSolutions- https://www.stopitsolutions.com/solutions/911-direct-panic-alert-system
- Verkada Panic Alarm - www.verkada.com
- 3xLogic Gunshot detection and alarm system- https://www.3xlogic.com/products/gunshot-detection
Region 3 does not endorse any vendors. These vendors are for informational purposes only!
2023-2025 School Safety Standards Formula Grant
The grant is not yet available at the TEA grant opportunities page. I will send out an email once I receive notification.
- School Safety Formula Grant Allocation Funding
The grant will allow spending on a variety of security-related items identified by the needs of each LEA. The grant will allow for various costs associated with school safety and security; however, the grant will come with a requirement that money must first be spent on items necessary to comply with the school safety standard rule. You can view the rule here.
General School Safety Resources/Webinars
The REMS TA Center offers the following resources on addressing and preventing ASM:
Seasonal Impact on a Student's Mental Health
December 12, 2022 | 10:00am CST
Seasonal changes can directly impact a student’s mental health, but so can the inevitable pressure of finals, college acceptances, and time away from friends during the holidays. Join Programs Manger, Kaitlynn Frey, to learn more about why December can be a hard month for our youth and how to help.
December 19, 2022 | 10:00am CST
Grooming is when someone goes out of their way to establish an inappropriate and dangerous relationship with a minor. Grooming can happen via face-to-face interactions and also online. Join Education Specialist, Ernesto Reyes, to explore the online side of grooming and how predators use social media and other platforms to target and victimize youth.
Current Online Behavioral Trends Lunch and Learn
Join us for this unique Current Online Behavioral Trends Lunch and Learn experience hosted in collaboration with Safer Schools Together (SST). This lunch and learn experience will complement the Digital Threat Assessment training and enhance understanding of the ever-changing digital landscape and include a live Q&A with SST threat analysts.
The Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) will instruct this workshop with the goal of providing attendees with tangible, useful take-away information on how to manage cybersecurity incidents effectively and, ultimately, achieve operational resilience.
Join Safe and Sound Schools for a virtual workshop led by Co-founder and Executive Director Michele Gay. This training will explore Safe and Sound School's newest program, Especially Safe: An Inclusive Approach to School Safety. Developed with expert practitioners from across the disciplines, this program includes resources, tools, and teaching ideas to meet the safety needs of community members with special needs.Learn More and Register
This 30- to 45-minute free online course aims to help school administrators, security officers, emergency management and response personnel, and school or school district personnel responsible for supporting the family reunification process develop a greater understanding of family reunification to enhance preparedness related to this emergency management function. This online course will help you learn how to
- Develop, train, and mobilize reunification teams.
- Implement tangible on-site and off-site reunification plans.
- Address important considerations in the Family Reunification Annex.
Upcoming Training/Professional Development
School Based Law Enforcement Training- TCOLE 4604
This is a mandated training that is required for Campus Police, ISD Police and SRO’s. If your police officers have not taken this training before, they will need this training to meet the legal requirements.
Texas School Safety Center and Region 3 will host the SBLE Training on January 31st and February 1st, 2023 at Region 3.
See link below for registration details.
Region 3 in conjunction with Texas School Safety Center will be hosting a Restorative Practices for Educators training on February 1, 2023 at Region 3. Please see the link below for Registration details.
Behavioral Threat Assessment
Behavioral Threat Assessment provides a proactive, evidence-based approach for identifying individuals who may pose a threat and for providing interventions before a violent incident occurs.
Region 3 ESC will be offering this training on February 13, 2022, from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
Retired Dallas ISD Chief of Police Craig Miller, will give a presentation on establishing relationships between school administrators and law enforcement and what protocols to establish before and after a crisis event. The rest of the day will include other national and state speakers on the topic of school safety.
When: March 9, 2023 (8:30AM -$3:30PM)
Where: University of Houston Victoria Multi-purpose room located at 3006 N. Ben Wilson
TITLE IV, PART A RESOURCES
- TEA Title IVA Program Guide
- Title IV, Part A Use of Funds One-Pager
- Title IV, Part A: Student Support and Academic Enrichment Website
- Title IV Frequently Asked Questions Document
- Title IV, Part A ESC School Safety State Initiative
- Behavioral Threat Assessment
- Commissioner’s Rules
- District Audit Report (DAR)
- District/Campus Improvement Plan Update
- Drill Guidance
- Emergency Operation Plans (EOP)
- Human Trafficking
- Mandatory Trainings
- Mental and Behavioral Health
- Suicide Prevention/Intervention/Postvention
- Trauma Informed Care (Trust Based Relational Intervention)
- Psychological First Aid
- YMHFA - (Youth Mental Health First Aid)
- MTSS (Multi-tiered Systems of Support)
- Safe and Supportive School Program Team (SSSP)
- Safety and Security Committee
- SEL (Social-Emotional Learning)
- Student Safety and Mental Training & Curriculum
- The Texas Model for Comprehensive School Counseling
- Title IV Grant Management
- Compliance Report
- Use of Funds
- Traumatic Injury Response Protocol (Stop the Bleed)