OLOL Geography Bee
Preliminary Paper Exam - First Week of January
- All students in grades 4-8 will take a multiple choice exam
- Highest scorers from each grade in addition to other high scoring qualifiers will move on to Preliminary Oral Rounds
Preliminary Oral Rounds - Late January
School Bee - Catholic Schools Week - February
Final Round & Championship Round (During Catholic Schools Week)
- 10 contestants will compete in the Final Round
- 2 finalists will be determined and the Championship round will commence.
- The Championship round will produce our SCHOOL CHAMPION/State Qualifier
Diocesan Bee - March 7
- The school champion will participate in the Diocesan Geography Bee Wednesday March 7 at the Cardinal Keeler Center in Harrisburg.
- The school champion will also take the online State Qualifying Test for a chance to represent our school in the State Geography Bee in April
National Geographic Bee - May
- State champions participate in the National Geographic Bee
- Held in Washington DC May 20-23
- SET YOUR SIGHTS HIGH!
Click here to go to National Geographic for resources or use the convenient links below.
Purchase your own Study Guide
You can purchase your own 5th edition study guide, available from Amazon at this link: How to Ace the National Geographic Bee.