Electric Generators and Motors
3.24.14 Pd. 2nd
- Generators: Converts mechanical energy to electrical energy.
- Eddy current: Produced when a magnetic field moves through a conductor.
- Electric current: An electric current is a flow of electric charge. In electric circuits this charge is often carried by moving electrons in a wire.
- Torque: A twisting force to (an object).
- Solenoid: A cylindrical coil of wire acting as a magnet when carrying electric current.
- Magnetic field: A region around a magnetic material or a moving electric charge within which the force of magnetism acts.