Week of December 20, 2021
* We look forward to having a great final school week of 2021, with a lot of learning to do and fun to have!
* A reminder that this Thursday (12/23) will be an early dismissal day for students, which is the last day of this week before winter break. Students will be dismissed at 12:55 p.m. on Thursday.
* Students will be on Winter Break from Friday (12/24) through Friday (12/31). We'll be excited to see everyone back when school resumes on Monday (1/3)!
* There have been many generous donation drives and activities this season. Of most recent, a special thank you goes to our 3rd grade parents, students, and teachers for their classroom collection and wrapping of gifts for a local DCP&P branch, which provided students with the opportunity to directly contribute to benefiting others in need.
* Students are encouraged to wear festive holiday attire on Wednesday (12/22)!
"We are like a snowflake, all different in our own beautiful way."
December Character Corner
December Family Character Dare
What is a CharacterDare?
CharacterDares are prompts and reflective conversations organized around specific character challenges (i.e., dares) that provide students, parents and staff with ideas, opportunities, and accountability to put character in action. Students will get character Dares once a week. Families will also get character dares to try out!
Below is December’s Family Character dare:
Hello and welcome back to the Counselor's Corner! My name is Kristen Lombardo and I am your child’s school counselor. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving break and were able to relax and rejuvenate. We are fortunate to live in such a wonderful community with so many generous community members and organizations. Our community was able to provide 20 Thanksgiving meals to families within our school district this holiday season.
This month the third and fourth graders will be working on mindfulness activities. They will learn about and practice various calming and coping skills. Our fifth and sixth graders will be continuing with classroom lessons conflict resolution skills and problem solving skills. If you are interested in checking out any of my lessons they are posted in my google classroom. All students have access to my google classroom.
I am available if you have any questions or concerns. It is important that we all work together. I can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (856)423-0412 ext. 1051. I look forward to working with you and your child.