QE Mid-Summer Blast #2
August 3, 2022
Grade Level Supply Lists
Kindergarten Supply List (Mrs. DeStefano and Ms. Derossi)
Grade 1 Supply List (Mrs. Altner and Dr. Stabilit)
Grade 2 Supply List (Mrs. Yerger, Mrs. Rosica, and Mrs. McNamara)
Grade 3 Supply List (Mrs. Riedi and Mrs. Goldcamp)
Grade 4 Supply List (Mrs. Held and Mr. Wieand)
Grade 5 Supply List (Mrs. Pierce and Mrs. Gerancher)
Doors Open: 9:05 AM
School Starts: 9:20 AM
School Dismissal: 3:50 PM
The school office is open from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM.
Mrs. Baver is our new school secretary and her email address is email@example.com.
*Please do not drop off students prior to 9:05 AM because there will be no adult supervision at this time! In August, you will be receiving more information on pick-up and drop-off procedures for students.
Teacher Assignments and Plus Classes
Free and Reduced Meals Applications
LifeSpan Expanding Before and After Care
LifeSpan is expanding its before- and after-school care services for Quakertown Community School District families and moving that program to the Sixth Grade Center, 349 South 9th Street.
All Pre-K to Sixth Grade students who attend QCSD schools are welcome to sign up for before- and after-school care. Levy School Bus Co. will provide transportation to and from the elementary schools.
Registration for before- and after-school care is scheduled for this Thursday and Friday, July 28th and 29th, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Sixth Grade Center. Registration packets are available at the QCSD District Services Center, the Sixth Grade Center cafeteria, and LifeSpan, 2460 John Fries Hwy. Enrollment forms can also be found at www.lifespanchildcare.org.
LifeSpan offers daily breakfast, after-school snacks, and fun activities for your children to enjoy during their out-of-school time. The hours of operations are 6:30 to 9:20 a.m. and 2:15 to 6 p.m., per the QCSD school calendar.
Please contact Miranda Grey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-347-0985 for further enrollment details.
Free Summer Lunch
Children need nutritious meals to learn, grow and thrive – even when school is out. With the Summer Meals Program, children and teens ages 18 and younger can continue to access healthy, delicious meals at no cost.
When: 11:15 AM - 1:15 PM, Monday-Friday, up to and including August 26, 2022
Where: 1021 Park Avenue, Quakertown, PA 18951
Fresh, healthy meals five days per week. No sign-up, ID or registration necessary.
Fridays are weekend bag days where children are provided a bag of non-perishable food.
For more information, contact St. Luke’s Community Health at 484-526-2100.
Technology Device Distribution
Message from the Tech Team!
We hope you are enjoying your summer and staying cool! Technology has been working hard to prepare student devices for the upcoming year. As the new school year approaches, here are some important things to keep in mind:
- At the time of Returning Student Enrollment in August, you will be presented with the option to purchase Accidental Damage Protection (ADP) for $25/device. Please click here or see attachment below for more details on the ADP program.
- Students that are new to QCSD will have an opportunity to pick up their devices from the District Office. Kindergarten students will have their I-Pads distributed in school.
- Students going into 1st, 2nd and 9th grade will be issued a new device. 1st and 2nd grade pick-ups will be on Monday 8/22 from 3-6PM and Tuesday 8/23 7:30 AM-9:30AM and 11:30-2:00PM. Please note:
- All outstanding invoices must be paid prior to receiving their new device.
- If your student still has a device from the prior year, that device must be turned in prior to receiving a new one.
- Students missing the charger will be charged a replacement fee. iPad chargers are $40 and Chromebook chargers are $20.
Please feel free to reach out to us at QCSDtechsupport@qcsd.org with any questions.
Upcoming Important Dates
Wednesday, August 24 (8:00-3:00) - Opening Day for Teachers
Wednesday, August 24 (3:30-4:30) - Ice Cream Social
Monday, August 29 - First Day for Students!
The children are our most cherished possessions. Please know that we will do everything in our power to make sure your child feels respected, safe, happy, and successful at Quakertown Elementary School. When we are working together; parents, teachers, staff, and students, we will come together to help each child reach their fullest learning potential.