User Acquisition Update
Aug Wk 5: 24 - 30
Record Days! Hurray!
- Saturday was a record day for us, with 169 downloads in one day! Already can see that we beat this record this week...stay tuned.
Creates: There were a total of 724 looks saved last week.
- Curious why there is a 242 variance between first launch and # of looks saved. Is it possible that we are losing some users in the onboarding process? Why are they launching our app and not saving?
Item Source: Majority of items are imported from photo library.
- 1,242 items imported from Photo Library.
- 917 from Web.
- 607 from Camera.
1. Nominated Kathy Adams as Stylist of the Week.
2. Created a bootleg ad in StyleIt Poshmark closet (see below) for Poshmark users to share.
We now have 572 followers on Poshmark that we can market to.
FACEBOOK (Paid Acquisition)
- Our Facebook spend was $1946.49, which brings the user acquisition cost to $6.38 per user. Yikes!
Bad news: The Poshmark, Threadflip, and Women 15-30 generalized campaigns that route Facebook users to our desktop site are expensive. They aren't effective.
Good news: Ad optimization works.
- Ran an A/B test of a back to school mobile ad, targeted at college and teen girls.
- Results? User acquisition cost reduced by 1/3. Currently $2.29.
- Learnings? Teen girls are "cheaper" to acquire ($2.08), but we need to measure how engaged they are with StyleIt over time.
- Will stop generalized ads.
- Will run targeted experiments with Facebook mobile ads and continue to refine our user segments.