Weekly Wednesday Newsletter
PAPER WORK PAPER WORK PAPER WORK
1. Violations went home this week and will continue to be issued. Please make sure your child is properly dressed each day. The uniform policy will be strictly enforced this year. A copy is on our website if you need to review it. Boys must have the logo embroidered on their chapel vests and girls must have it on their jumper. Turquoise, red, patterned shoes are only permitted on Friday. Fridays are also not a free dress day. You must have on a Cornerstone Academy shirt with your jeans. You may order a t shirt online.
2. All handbook receipt and fee policy sheets must be returned on Friday September 14th. No exceptions. If you need another copy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a phone call on Monday if your paperwork is not completed. Students may not be enrolled unless we have all required documents.
REMINDERS and Important Information...
- Check both crates every morning and evening for your child's homework and important papers.
- Make sure we have your child's prescription and OTC meds in the office. Inhalers and nebulizer vials and tubes are a must! You must also fill out an Authorization For Dispensing Medication form, which can be found in the office.
- REFERRALS ARE STILL BEING ACCEPTED. BOTH FAMILIES WILL RECEIVE A 20% DISCOUNT. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.
- PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAKE HOME YOUR CHILD'S BINDER DAILY AND DO NOT LEAVE IT AT THE SCHOOL.
- PLEASE SEE THE NEW SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY . CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A COPY!
- UNIFORMS CAN BE DROPPED OFF IN THE OFFICE ANYTIME TO BE EMBROIDERED. THE COST IS $8 PER ITEM.
Extra Extra Read All About It
- The door is still not working but is promised to work next week. Forecasts show it will rain all day tomorrow. Please allow yourself a little more drive time and also save these numbers so that you can notify staff when you need to enter the building: 817.375.2283 and 682.706.822. The last number is cell phone and can receive texts.
- Breakfast will be served from 6:45-7:45. Students arriving after that time will not be served.
- Boys are not allowed to wear earrings to school. All students are forbidden to wear hair beads of any kind.
- Did you know that when a child has a stomach bug, they should stay home from school or daycare for 24 hours after the last bout of vomiting to decrease the spread of the illness to others? If your child has to miss school because of a sickness please call or email by 10 am, and also let us know if anything is contagious. Your child must stay home if they have a fever exceeding 100 degrees or if they are showing any signs of illness.
- A one time Smart Care code can be sent to someone picking up your child for the day. Text it to them and have them save it in their photo album. When they sign in, it should work on the kiosk. If there is someone other than yourself that will pick up your child consistently, please email Coach Justin at email@example.com so he can give you instructions on how to get that person a code to scan. Some parents are still not signing their child in and out and we need to fix this issue.
- Please do not give your door code to anyone other than the person it was assigned to for building access. This is to ensure the safety of all children and staff. Also, if you are suspicious about someone wanting to get in the door and you realize they do not have a code, wait in your car and do not allow them to enter behind you.
- Clock your child in and out daily. We must keep accurate attendance records to maintain DFPS compliance
- Bring extra clothes daily!!
- Bring a blanket and fitted sheet on Monday, take home on Friday.
- Lunch is catered each day. Please call the school by 10am if your child has not arrived and let someone know they will be here for lunch. Students bringing snacks from home will be given an additional snack time at 5pm to eat those foods.
Business Office Information
- Office hours are 8-5pm and closed for lunch from 12:00-1:00pm. *these hours are not always followed. With such a small staff, the office is not always manned. Please call 8173752283 to get a person on the phone or leave a message on the desk phone at 8173752235.
- The director, Carla Smith works from home a few days a week. She is always available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Referrals are still accepted for new families. Each family will receive a 20% discount. Spread the good news about our school and help us grow
- Follow us on Facebook to see updated pictures of the kiddos throughout the year! If you would like for us to tag you to your child's picture please like our Facebook Page so we will know what FB name you use!
- If you are NOT receiving the text message communications from Mrs. Carla, please send her an email and she will send you a link to join. The app is "Remind" and our class code is @016df.
REMIND APP: @016df