Weekly Wednesday Newsletter
Win a FREE pair of shoes!
1. Document your child learning how to tie their shoes for 7 days. (do not have to be consecutive.) Documentation can be pictures, journal, email, etc...
2. At the end of the contest date, March 1st through March 22nd, submit your documentation to the office or via email at email@example.com.
3. Once documentation has been submitted, students will be called in to the office to tie their shoe laces. Once the shoe is tied successfully, their name will be entered into a drawing.
4. Mrs. Carla's husband will donate a $50 gift card to Finish Line towards the purchase of a new pair of shoes!
Learning how to tie shoes is a part of growing up! Everyone must learn. Preschool and grade school aged children pose serious threats of danger to themselves by not having their shoes tied. Parents, it is your responsibility to make sure your child either has Velcro shoes, short shoelaces, or knows how to tie their shoes. Hopefully this contest will encourage all families to get bows on those shoelaces. The race is on to the Finish Line to get some new shoes! Ready, Set, Bow!
*If your child already knows how to tie their shoe, you can still do the contest. They will enter it just like everyone else and will be eligible to win.
Divorce Care For Kids Is Currently Meeting Sundays @ 11:30AM
We’re always looking for volunteers to work with this group and our Divorce Care group. Sign up today to participate or volunteer by stopping by the Connection in the foyer or contacting Rev. Cecil Cornelius at 817.832.4199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have not returned your 2017-2018 enrollment letter, please do so as soon as possible. If you need a new one, please email email@example.com
- THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL HANDBOOK IS AVAILABLE ON THE SCHOOL'S WEBSITE. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A COPY.
- Friday's are NOT free dress days. Students must have a Cornerstone Academy top with any bottoms and any shoes of their choice. Sparkly and colorful shoes are not allowed during the week. The base color of the shoe must be brown, black, white or blue.
- Boys are not allowed to wear earrings to school. All students are not permitted to wear hair beads of any kind.
- Did you know that when a child has a stomach bug, they should stay home from school or daycare for 24 hours after the last bout of vomiting to decrease the spread of the illness to others? If your child has to miss school because of a sickness please call or email by 10 am, and also let us know if anything is contagious. Your child must stay home if they have a fever exceeding 100 degrees or if they are showing any signs of illness.
- Please do not give your door code to anyone other than the person it was assigned to for building access. This is to ensure the safety of all children and staff. Also, if you are suspicious about someone wanting to get in the door and you realize they do not have a code, wait in your car and do not allow them to enter behind you.
- Clock your child in and out daily. We must keep accurate attendance records to maintain DFPS compliance
- Bring extra clothes daily!!
- Bring a blanket and fitted sheet on Monday, take home on Friday.
- Food Program: Students bringing snacks from home will be given an additional snack time at 5pm to eat those foods.
- Facebook: Check out our page for pictures and videos!
Business Office Information
- School hours are 8:30-3:30. Tardies in the elementary classroom are becoming more frequent. At the teachers request, tardies and absences will start being calculated immediately for students arriving after 8:30am. This can negatively affect their attendance which can cause the child to be retained next school year in the same grade. P.E. is not optional. Students must be here at 8:30.
- Business hours of 8-5pm will be enforced this year. It is possible that Coach Justin or Mrs. Carla will be in the building until 6pm most days, however, please do not attempt to conduct business with the teachers prior to 8am. They must keep their attention and focus on the students.
- Referrals are still accepted for new families. Each family will receive a 20% discount. Spread the good news about our school and help us grow
- Follow us on Facebook to see updated pictures of the kiddos throughout the year! First day of school pictures have been uploaded to our FB page! Check them out to find your child.
- If you are NOT receiving the text message communications from Carla, please send her an email and she will send you a link to join. The app is "Remind" and our class code is @016df.
Mini Easter Program April 12th 11am
REMIND APP: @016df