Weekly Wednesday Newsletter
March 19 - March 23
Easter Program & Egg Hunt
On next Thursday (3/29) we will have our Easter Egg Hunt. Each student will need to bring 30 eggs filled with non-chocolate candy or loose candy by Wednesday. Cupcakes will be donated by the church's Senior Ministry. We are asking for parents to donate chips, juice and fruit for our party following the hunt. All students should bring a basket and may wear their favorite spring outfit.
Newsletter and Communication
Parents, each week, the staff prepares a newsletter for you in which pertinent school information is given. The email is usually sent on Wednesdays, but on occasion, may come on a Thursday. However, phone calls, texts and conversations still occur, with questions for the staff. It is our goal to improve communication with our families. An electronic survey will be sent soon. I am greatly urging all families to complete the brief assessment so that staff can make the needed adjustments.
We ask that you please take the time to complete the short survey below. Communication with our parents is one of our top priorities and we want to make sure we are doing all we can to keep you all informed.
- NO SCHOOL ON GOOD FRIDAY (MARCH 30th)
- WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING REGISTRATION FOR CAMP STONE. REFERRALS ARE STILL BEING ACCEPTED. BOTH FAMILIES WILL RECEIVE A 20% DISCOUNT. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.
- SPRING PICTURES ARE SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 9TH @ 8:00 AM. CHAPEL UNIFORMS SHOULD BE WORN FOR THESE PICTURES AND WE WILL ALSO TAKE GRADUATION PHOTOS.
- PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAKE HOME YOUR CHILD'S BINDER DAILY AND DO NOT LEAVE IT AT THE SCHOOL. MAKE SURE THEIR BACKPACK IS LARGE ENOUGH FOR THE BINDER TO FIT INSIDE.
- PLEASE SEE THE NEW SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY FOR THE 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A COPY!
- UNIFORMS CAN BE DROPPED OFF IN THE OFFICE ANYTIME TO BE EMBROIDERED. THE COST IS $8 PER ITEM.
- Breakfast will be served from 6:45-7:45. Students arriving after that time will not be served.
- Boys are not allowed to wear earrings to school. All students are forbidden to wear hair beads of any kind.
- Did you know that when a child has a stomach bug, they should stay home from school or daycare for 24 hours after the last bout of vomiting to decrease the spread of the illness to others? If your child has to miss school because of a sickness please call or email by 10 am, and also let us know if anything is contagious. Your child must stay home if they have a fever exceeding 100 degrees or if they are showing any signs of illness.
- Please do not give your door code to anyone other than the person it was assigned to for building access. This is to ensure the safety of all children and staff. Also, if you are suspicious about someone wanting to get in the door and you realize they do not have a code, wait in your car and do not allow them to enter behind you.
- Clock your child in and out daily. We must keep accurate attendance records to maintain DFPS compliance
- Bring extra clothes daily!!
- Bring a blanket and fitted sheet on Monday, take home on Friday.
- Food Program: Students bringing snacks from home will be given an additional snack time at 5pm to eat those foods.
Business Office Information
- Office hours are 8-5pm and closed for lunch from 12:00-1:00pm.
- Referrals are still accepted for new families. Each family will receive a 20% discount. Spread the good news about our school and help us grow
- Follow us on Facebook to see updated pictures of the kiddos throughout the year! If you would like for us to tag you to your child's picture please like our Facebook Page so we will know what FB name you use!
- If you are NOT receiving the text message communications from Carla, please send her an email and she will send you a link to join. The app is "Remind" and our class code is @016df.
REMIND APP: @016df