Weekly Wednesday Newsletter
Let's celebrate our school pride and the wonderful year we've had!
Monday - Crazy Socks
Tuesday - Crazy Hair/Hat day
Wednesday - Favorite sports team gear
Thursday - Superhero day! (costumes are allowed)
Friday - Spirit shirt either purchased or creatively made with the school's name
Graduation May 25th @ 7:00 PM
Graduation ceremonies will be held in the Multi-Purpose Room on May 25th at 7:00 pm. All students will be on program and should arrive by 6:30pm. Jr. Pre-K can wear their Sunday's Best as they will lead the opening ceremony. Pre-K students should wear nice clothes that will fit and feel comfortable under their cap and gown. Elementary students should wear a plain white t-shirt, jeans, a pair of sunglasses and their emptied school backpack. We have a special performance for you all!! Only the kindergarten students will change into their caps and gowns, so for pictures sake, either bring an extra pair of shoes for them to put on or dress them in shoes that will look good with their gown.
The ceremony always starts on time and is usually brief, lasting no more than 30-40 minutes. Parents may consume light refreshments from 6:30-7:00 while students are preparing for the show. After the program, we ask that all parents help the custodians completely clear the room so that is ready for Field Day on Friday morning.
School is closed Monday May 29th for Memorial Day and Tuesday May 30th for our annual teacher workday
- Student assessments have all been completed except second grade. They will wrap up Wednesday and Thursday of this week. Grades and scores will be emailed to parents in the month of June. Second grade scores are graded by the testing company and results will not be returned for 6-8 weeks.
- If you have not returned your 2017-2018 enrollment letter, please do so as soon as possible. If you need a new one, please email email@example.com
- THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL HANDBOOK IS AVAILABLE ON THE SCHOOL'S WEBSITE. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A COPY.
- Friday's are NOT free dress days. Students must have a Cornerstone Academy top with any bottoms and any shoes of their choice. Sparkly and colorful shoes are not allowed during the week. The base color of the shoe must be brown, black, white or blue.
- Boys are not allowed to wear earrings to school. All students are not permitted to wear hair beads of any kind.
- Did you know that when a child has a stomach bug, they should stay home from school or daycare for 24 hours after the last bout of vomiting to decrease the spread of the illness to others? If your child has to miss school because of a sickness please call or email by 10 am, and also let us know if anything is contagious. Your child must stay home if they have a fever exceeding 100 degrees or if they are showing any signs of illness.
- Please do not give your door code to anyone other than the person it was assigned to for building access. This is to ensure the safety of all children and staff. Also, if you are suspicious about someone wanting to get in the door and you realize they do not have a code, wait in your car and do not allow them to enter behind you.
- Clock your child in and out daily. We must keep accurate attendance records to maintain DFPS compliance
- Bring extra clothes daily!!
- Bring a blanket and fitted sheet on Monday, take home on Friday.
- Food Program: Students bringing snacks from home will be given an additional snack time at 5pm to eat those foods.
- Facebook: Check out our page for pictures and videos!
Business Office Information
- School hours are 8:30-3:30. Tardies in the elementary classroom are becoming more frequent. At the teachers request, tardies and absences will start being calculated immediately for students arriving after 8:30am. This can negatively affect their attendance which can cause the child to be retained next school year in the same grade. P.E. is not optional. Students must be here at 8:30.
- Business hours of 8-5pm will be enforced this year. It is possible that Coach Justin or Mrs. Carla will be in the building until 6pm most days, however, please do not attempt to conduct business with the teachers prior to 8am. They must keep their attention and focus on the students.
- Referrals are still accepted for new families. Each family will receive a 20% discount. Spread the good news about our school and help us grow
- Follow us on Facebook to see updated pictures of the kiddos throughout the year! First day of school pictures have been uploaded to our FB page! Check them out to find your child.
- If you are NOT receiving the text message communications from Carla, please send her an email and she will send you a link to join. The app is "Remind" and our class code is @016df.
Camp Stone and Learning Center Summer School 2017
It's back again for the 13th summer! Camp Stone summer day camp will get started on June 5th for all five-twelve year old students. (Students currently enrolled in the Academy may attend school May 31-June 2nd as well at no extra charge).
The staff has been working hard preparing for a STEAM summer, for several months. Students will enjoy their usual technology and science driven summer, but this year a few fine arts components will be added. Spanish, Sign Language, music and a little theatre will be sure to keep the kids moving all day.
Also new this year, students will no longer have to swim in the Texas summer heat! Students will travel to North Richland Hills, NRH Centre and will enjoy the greatness of the indoor pool. This means no more messy sunblock spills, heat exhaustion and summer burnout!
When students are not at the pool, they will travel to museums and other fun attractions as well as the movies. This summer, the film industry is releasing many sequels and new kid movies. Camp Stone plans to see them all!
Our Learning Center students will not be left behind missing the action this summer. While they will not leave campus, they will rotate to the math/science lab and the reading/writing station and have just as much fun as the big kids.
If you have not yet registered, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. If you have friends and family looking to keep their children engaged this summer in fun, educational and spiritual wackiness, have them sign up too and both of you will receive a 20% discount for one month.
Coach Justin and his crew are sure excited to see you all and are ready to make this summer the best ever!
Please remember to turn in your summer attendance forms and Fall intention forms. There is no obligation to attend the entire summer. Payment for the summer will be calculated by the weeks attended, but it will be collected monthly.
REMIND APP: @016df