Weekly Wednesday Newsletter
September 11th - September 15th
FROM OUR DIRECTOR
New this year, the school board has mandated that all parents meet with the director, myself, within the first few weeks of school. I have compiled the highlights of what is needed for this school year in a packet entitled "2017-2018 School Overview" and will discuss those topics with you.
If you missed the meetings on Friday or Tuesday please contact Mrs. Carla (email@example.com) to schedule for a specific time.
Morning Breakfast (6:45 AM - 7:45 AM)
- FIRST ROUND OF ASSESSMENTS WILL BE COMPLETED NEXT WEEK AND PROGRESS REPORTS WILL BE SENT HOME NEXT FRIDAY.
- PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAKE HOME YOUR CHILD'S BINDER DAILY AND DO NOT LEAVE IT AT THE SCHOOL. MAKE SURE THEIR BACKPACK IS LARGE ENOUGH FOR THE BINDER TO FIT INSIDE.
- RETURNING PARENTS, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SIGN AND RETURN THE NEW TUITION/FEES POLICY AND YOUR ENROLLMENT CONFIRMATION FORMS. THESE ITEMS WERE EMAILED TO YOU. IF YOU NEED AN ADDITIONAL COPY PLEASE LET COACH JUSTIN KNOW (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PLEASE SEE THE NEW SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY FOR THE UPCOMING SCHOOL YEAR. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A COPY!
- UNIFORMS CAN BE DROPPED OFF IN THE OFFICE ANYTIME TO BE EMBROIDERED. THE COST IS $8 PER ITEM.
- VISION AND HEARING SCREENINGS WILL TAKE PLACE SEPTEMBER 21ST. ALL CHILDREN BETWEEN THE AGES OF 3-5 MUST HAVE THIS INFORMATION ON FILE. PLEASE EMAIL ACADEMY@CBCARLINGTON.ORG AND INFORM US IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HAVING THIS DONE ON CAMPUS.
- Boys are not allowed to wear earrings to school. All students are forbidden to wear hair beads of any kind.
- Did you know that when a child has a stomach bug, they should stay home from school or daycare for 24 hours after the last bout of vomiting to decrease the spread of the illness to others? If your child has to miss school because of a sickness please call or email by 10 am, and also let us know if anything is contagious. Your child must stay home if they have a fever exceeding 100 degrees or if they are showing any signs of illness.
- Please do not give your door code to anyone other than the person it was assigned to for building access. This is to ensure the safety of all children and staff. Also, if you are suspicious about someone wanting to get in the door and you realize they do not have a code, wait in your car and do not allow them to enter behind you.
- Clock your child in and out daily. We must keep accurate attendance records to maintain DFPS compliance
- Bring extra clothes daily!!
- Bring a blanket and fitted sheet on Monday, take home on Friday.
- Food Program: Students bringing snacks from home will be given an additional snack time at 5pm to eat those foods.
- Facebook: Check out our page for pictures and videos!
Stretch-n-Grow Dance Classes Offered For Academy Children!!! 3 More Spots Available
LAST CHANCE FOR STRETCH-N-GROW
We still need to fill two spots in order to prevent this class from being postponed. Please contact them immediately to reserve your spot today!
Stretch-n-Grow is offering an on-campus dance class this school year. If you are interested in your child joining please let us know by email (email@example.com). All cost will be handled directly with Stretch-n-Grow.
Business Office Information
- Breakfast will be served from 6:30-7:45. Students arriving after that time will not be served.
- Office hours are 8-5pm and closed for lunch from 12:00-1:00pm.
- Referrals are still accepted for new families. Each family will receive a 20% discount. Spread the good news about our school and help us grow
- Follow us on Facebook to see updated pictures of the kiddos throughout the year! First day of school pictures have been uploaded to our FB page! Check them out to find your child.
- If you are NOT receiving the text message communications from Carla, please send her an email and she will send you a link to join. The app is "Remind" and our class code is @016df.
REMIND APP: @016df