Weekly Wednesday Newsletter
Going into our second semester, we have so many activities planned from National School Choice Week, MLK recognition, Black History Month, Dr. Suess' birthday, Easter program, graduation and more. This is our busy time of the year and the kids love it! Please make sure you are reading your newsletter closely each week for updates and details.
Outdoor Play is Mandatory
Smart Care and Testing Fee
At this point, everyone has been entered into the new system. If your normal pay date is the 1st and your payment has not been drafted, please pay through the app.
Remember, if you pay on the 15th, your payment will not automatically draft and you must pay by the deadline. The late fee will be added on the 16th and your student will be withdrawn from school until payment and late payment has been received.
All kindergarten-second grade students take the Terra Nova standardized test in April and May. The testing fee is $50 and must be paid by the end of January. Please call the office or stop by to make your payment. Payments can be taken over the phone. Cash may also be place in an envelope with your child's name on the front with "testing fee" clearly marked. No checks will be accepted.
All accounts will be set to draft on the 1st beginning in June. Please make arrangements now to have this happen.
National School Choice Week January 21st-27th
Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks on our school choice week activities. We usually have our spirit week in May, but this year we have decided to combine it with this week to bring awareness to private, home, charter and daycare schools. Many people assume public education is the best route for their child, because it's affordable and accessible, but often times, the curriculum is not as stringent and students lose the small classroom ratios. Preschool students leaving our campus going to public school kindergarten are well advanced. Many times they return to us or push to have their child moved to first grade. We want to encourage all of our families to stay with us through the second grade, to give your students a really solid foundation.
For these reasons, Cornerstone Academy firmly believes in SCHOOL CHOICE.
- Ms. Plummer's conference time has been moved to 5:30-6:00p. Please converse with her at that time. She is now with the kids from 3:30-4:00pm.
- PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAKE HOME YOUR CHILD'S BINDER DAILY AND DO NOT LEAVE IT AT THE SCHOOL. MAKE SURE THEIR BACKPACK IS LARGE ENOUGH FOR THE BINDER TO FIT INSIDE.
- PLEASE SEE THE NEW SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY FOR THE 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A COPY!
- UNIFORMS CAN BE DROPPED OFF IN THE OFFICE ANYTIME TO BE EMBROIDERED. THE COST IS $8 PER ITEM.
2017 Tuition Statement
- Breakfast will be served from 6:45-7:45. Students arriving after that time will not be served.
- Boys are not allowed to wear earrings to school. All students are forbidden to wear hair beads of any kind.
- Did you know that when a child has a stomach bug, they should stay home from school or daycare for 24 hours after the last bout of vomiting to decrease the spread of the illness to others? If your child has to miss school because of a sickness please call or email by 10 am, and also let us know if anything is contagious. Your child must stay home if they have a fever exceeding 100 degrees or if they are showing any signs of illness.
- Please do not give your door code to anyone other than the person it was assigned to for building access. This is to ensure the safety of all children and staff. Also, if you are suspicious about someone wanting to get in the door and you realize they do not have a code, wait in your car and do not allow them to enter behind you.
- Clock your child in and out daily. We must keep accurate attendance records to maintain DFPS compliance
- Bring extra clothes daily!!
- Bring a blanket and fitted sheet on Monday, take home on Friday.
- Food Program: Students bringing snacks from home will be given an additional snack time at 5pm to eat those foods.
Business Office Information
- Office hours are 8-5pm and closed for lunch from 12:00-1:00pm.
- Referrals are still accepted for new families. Each family will receive a 20% discount. Spread the good news about our school and help us grow
- Follow us on Facebook to see updated pictures of the kiddos throughout the year! If you would like for us to tag you to your child's picture please like our Facebook Page so we will know what FB name you use!
- If you are NOT receiving the text message communications from Carla, please send her an email and she will send you a link to join. The app is "Remind" and our class code is @016df.
Cookie Dance February 16th
Field Trip February 16th (Fort Worth Strings Orchestra)
Black History Program February 22nd
More details to come...
REMIND APP: @016df