Weekly Wednesday Newsletter
August 14th - August 18th
Weekly Theme -- Ocean
Students no longer remain with one teacher throughout the day. They are traveling to different classes to learn and keep their little minds going! Ms. Katrise, Ms. Plummer and Ms. Sharnise are all working together to keep lessons consistent throughout all rotations.
Reading/Writing lab- Ms. Plummer- Students will read stories about ocean animals (octopus, jellyfish, sharks, turtles, and crabs) and their habitats! They will also make colorful crafts and focus on the letters O, J & T. They will also work with the "Sh" and "Cr" blends.
Math/Science lab- Ms. Sharnise- Students will create an ocean in a bottle, a fizzy ocean bin, ocean slime, clothespin sharks and a human bubble!
- PLEASE SEE THE NEW SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY FOR THE UPCOMING SCHOOL YEAR. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A COPY!
- UNIFORMS CAN BE DROPPED OFF IN THE OFFICE ANYTIME TO BE EMBROIDERED. THE COST IS $8 PER ITEM.
- MRS. CARLA WILL BE OUT OF THE OFFICE NEXT WEEK (8/21 - 8/25).
- THIS IS THE LAST WEEK OF SUMMER! CHILDREN MAY REMAIN UNTIL SCHOOL STARTS ON SEPT. 5TH IF YOUR SMART TUITION ACCOUNT IS PAID UP FOR THE MONTH AND/OR YOUR CHILD IS ENROLLED FOR THE FALL.
- VISION AND HEARING SCREENINGS WILL TAKE PLACE NEXT MONTH. ALL CHILDREN BETWEEN THE AGES OF 3-5 MUST HAVE THIS INFORMATION ON FILE. PLEASE EMAIL ACADEMY@CBCARLINGTON.ORG AND INFORM US IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HAVING THIS DONE ON CAMPUS.
All Learning Center classrooms have shifted to the hallway immediately to your left upon entry. As you've noticed, the security team at church is installing doors to help better ensure the safety of all children. The doors are not yet completed, but they have been installed. That is the reason for the classroom change. Please drop off backpacks rooms 166 or 164 and place on the hooks there. (This does not apply to Camp Stone students. Take your bags to the gym)
They're coming home dirty! Feel free to provide a smock, old t shirt or something you don't mind your child ruining. The teachers were all instructed to make learning hands on every day, and they are making sure of that! With hands on instruction comes...a mess:) Label whatever it is you want your child to wear to prevent messes, and be sure to communicate that with the teachers at drop off, so they can relay to Ms. Sharnise and Ms. Plummer what the child should wear.
- THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL HANDBOOK IS AVAILABLE ON THE SCHOOL'S WEBSITE. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A COPY.
- Friday's are NOT free dress days. Students must have a Cornerstone Academy top with any bottoms and any shoes of their choice. Sparkly and colorful shoes are not allowed during the week. The base color of the shoe must be brown, black, white or blue.
- Boys are not allowed to wear earrings to school. All students are forbidden to wear hair beads of any kind.
- Did you know that when a child has a stomach bug, they should stay home from school or daycare for 24 hours after the last bout of vomiting to decrease the spread of the illness to others? If your child has to miss school because of a sickness please call or email by 10 am, and also let us know if anything is contagious. Your child must stay home if they have a fever exceeding 100 degrees or if they are showing any signs of illness.
- Please do not give your door code to anyone other than the person it was assigned to for building access. This is to ensure the safety of all children and staff. Also, if you are suspicious about someone wanting to get in the door and you realize they do not have a code, wait in your car and do not allow them to enter behind you.
- Clock your child in and out daily. We must keep accurate attendance records to maintain DFPS compliance
- Bring extra clothes daily!!
- Bring a blanket and fitted sheet on Monday, take home on Friday.
- Food Program: Students bringing snacks from home will be given an additional snack time at 5pm to eat those foods.
- Facebook: Check out our page for pictures and videos!
Business Office Information
- Summer hours are more flexible than the regular school year. Children will have outdoor play until 9am and then will begin their rotations. Breakfast will be served from 6:30-7:45. Students arriving after that time will not be served.
- Office hours are 8-5pm and closed for lunch from 12:00-1:00pm.
- Referrals are still accepted for new families. Each family will receive a 20% discount. Spread the good news about our school and help us grow
- Follow us on Facebook to see updated pictures of the kiddos throughout the year! First day of school pictures have been uploaded to our FB page! Check them out to find your child.
- If you are NOT receiving the text message communications from Carla, please send her an email and she will send you a link to join. The app is "Remind" and our class code is @016df.
Camp Stone 2017
REMIND APP: @016df